Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile to audience latency

Level 2

I see that it takes a lot of time for profiles to show up in the audience , the evaualtion meathod selected is streaming and I am using HTTP api to send data from postman , I can see that profiles are created in real time in the profiles ui but it takes a lot of time for the profiles to show up in the audience , and that makes sending data in real time impossible , how to get around this ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vs1985 - How are you checking if a profile is qualified for a segment or not? If you are checking it via the audience UI, you won't see it directly. It takes time for the segmentation UI to update the latest audience details.

The best way it to send data via HTTP streaming API, and then search for that profile in Profile UI and later go to"Audience membership" tab and check.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

The profile will not immediately be reflected in the Audiences UI as having members because that is calculated off of the daily batch evaluation, even though you have profiles qualifying.

In the UI, when you lookup the Profile, try looking at the tab on the far right "Audience membership" and to see if your specific test profile has qualified for any audiences. If you have a streaming segment and are streaming the data in via HTTP API, it should qualify within in a few minutes. I've seen it take up to 30 or as little as one minute.

Level 2

Thanks for clarifying , if I am sending payload through postman using HTTP api does AEP look at it as a streaming source/data or batch data , and if it is taking much more time than 30 min what could be the potential reason for that ?

Employee Advisor

@vs1985 From your description this would be Streaming ingestion (see HTTP API connector in this table)..  Are you sending primary ID only? If sending multiple IDs, there would be stitching involved which could add some time to the operation.

In any case, not sure if you are still facing this but if you are please raise a Support ticket in your Admin Console so the relevant team can take a closer look.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vs1985 - How are you checking if a profile is qualified for a segment or not? If you are checking it via the audience UI, you won't see it directly. It takes time for the segmentation UI to update the latest audience details.

The best way it to send data via HTTP streaming API, and then search for that profile in Profile UI and later go to"Audience membership" tab and check.