Expand my Community achievements bar.

Find your best audience, no third party cookies required – that’s where Adobe Real-Time CDP Collaboration (coming soon) comes in
SOLVED

Multiple Dataset in Data View

Level 2

I checked CJA will charge if create Data View using connection. For example, we have dataset 1, dataset 2 and dataset 3.

I create a data view A by dataset 1 and dataset 2, and data view B by dataset 2 and dataset 3. They will charge the total record of event data within the data view. Please correct me if it it wrong. View and manage your Customer Journey Analytics usage | Adobe Customer Journey Analytics

If so, Am I just create a data view per dataset or a data view with multiple dataset? Which one is better to manage? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Lee_Lemen ,

Can you please expand the use case you are trying to ?
The versatility of CJA is very well coupled with its ability for cross channel data analysis.  
As an example, you got a web dataset, mobile dataset, CRM dataset, call center dataset. If you import all these datasets to a single connection and a data view, then you do cross channel analysis like of how many people started a journey in mobile and then came to web and then have to call the support to make a purchase. 

So, dataview is not the capability that should be coupled with a connection, but it should be connected to some thing else. A Data View is similar to the concept of Virtual Report Suites in Adobe Analytics, where you define context-aware visit definitions, filtering and also, how the components are called. You’ll need a minimum of one Data View per Connection. However, for some use-cases, it’s great to have multiple Data Views for the same connection, with the goal of giving different insights to different teams. If you want your company to become data-driven, you should adapt how data is viewed in each team. Some examples:

• UX metrics only for the UX Design team
  • Use the same names for KPIs and Metrics for Google Analytics as for Customer Journey Analytics so that the digital analytics team can speak 1 language only.
  • Data View filtered to show for instance data for one market only, or one brand, or only for Mobile Devices.
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Lee_Lemen ,

Can you please expand the use case you are trying to ?
The versatility of CJA is very well coupled with its ability for cross channel data analysis.  
As an example, you got a web dataset, mobile dataset, CRM dataset, call center dataset. If you import all these datasets to a single connection and a data view, then you do cross channel analysis like of how many people started a journey in mobile and then came to web and then have to call the support to make a purchase. 

So, dataview is not the capability that should be coupled with a connection, but it should be connected to some thing else. A Data View is similar to the concept of Virtual Report Suites in Adobe Analytics, where you define context-aware visit definitions, filtering and also, how the components are called. You’ll need a minimum of one Data View per Connection. However, for some use-cases, it’s great to have multiple Data Views for the same connection, with the goal of giving different insights to different teams. If you want your company to become data-driven, you should adapt how data is viewed in each team. Some examples:

• UX metrics only for the UX Design team
  • Use the same names for KPIs and Metrics for Google Analytics as for Customer Journey Analytics so that the digital analytics team can speak 1 language only.
  • Data View filtered to show for instance data for one market only, or one brand, or only for Mobile Devices.
Hope this helps.