Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Having issue accessing API

Level 2

Hi,

I tried to run some 'get' commands using postman for AEP, however, I am getting the following error : Permission denied.  User authorized denied.  I have access to the developer console and have got the access token as well.  Am I missing anything here as I have admin access?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The issue could be due to the technical account id has not been mapped into the role with the access controls. (AEP > permissions > roles).  I would look here and add your developer technical account id

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The issue could be due to the technical account id has not been mapped into the role with the access controls. (AEP > permissions > roles).  I would look here and add your developer technical account id

Level 2

Hi @brekrut,

I have added the account ID to the api user.  However, I am still getting the user authorization failed error. 

Thanks

Community Advisor

which /GET calls are you attempting to perform?

Level 2

Hi @brekrut,

I am looking at segment definitions get call.

Thanks

Community Advisor

If your facing an issue attempting to view segments, it may be the role/ group your API key has been assigned to does not have the rights under profile management to view segments and or manage segments.  

Level 2

Hi @brekrut 

I have added the api to the role.  Now, what I am seeing is the Oauth token is greyed out and is setting to 'read-only'. Any idea why that might be the case.

Community Advisor

Your latest post appears to be related to the Adobe Developer project which was created.  If your the owner of the project it should not be read only.  It may make sense to start a new project and create a new OAuth token