Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create and sign PGP key for AEP data sourcing

Level 2

I need to create a public PCP encryption key to share with a data provider.  I have figured out how to generate a PGP key via and API, but there does not seem to be a say to sign the PGP key, which the data needs before using the PGP key to encrypt data.  I tried a different approach creating PGP keys locally.  That key can be signed and the data provider can use to encrypt data.  However, I have no idea how to get the keys I created locally into the AEP keystore (vault?) to use when ingesting data from the source.  Any ideas folks?  Do I need to open a support ticket and have support add the keys to the AEP keystore?

3 Replies

Level 1

I do not think there's a way to upload your own key for use by the PGP endpoint. Adobe holds the private key, which then you request a public key off of. The public key generated is what you should share with the data provider. Typically signing of the PGP key is done by the receiver, it's them telling PGP that they trust the public key that was loaded into the keyring so it can be used for encryption.

Level 2

The receiver will trust the key, however, we need to provide the fingerprint for the key that the receiver can use to trust it.

How do I generate the fingerprint for the PGP key?

Level 2

There is no current feature to create a signature.

Solution was to have the client install the PGP public key without a signature.