Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Whatsapp custom action with Twilio

Level 3

hi 

i want to send whatsapp messages during the journey using AJO custom action

as per Twilio documemtation , the accept only :

Expected Content Type for API Requests
Twilio's APIs expect the content type of API requests to be either application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data. It is important to note that although Twilio returns responses in JSON format, the API requests themselves should be formatted as either www-urlencoded or multiparty form data.

how can achive this in custom action ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

hi @nirshani, We had implemented Twilio SMS at our end and during the process realized that we were unable to accomplish sending sms/whatsapp message directly using custom action as twilio uses basic authentication with content type as url encoded.

The combination of which is currently not available/probably allowed with custom action.

We created a AIO action to do the Twilio call and further used the AIO url in a datasource along with the basic authentication to achieve our use case as AIO content type would application/json

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Nirshani,

I'd recommend checking out the link below, and if this doesn't address your request, please post this question to the Journey Optimizer forum, as this is the Adobe Campaign Standard forum which is less likely to provide answers to your questions.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/journey-optimizer-questions/custom-action-to-send-e...

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

hi i think this is the right forum   

my problem is that i need to call the api but not with JSON

Nir

Community Advisor

@nirshani AJO custom actions have a default header which you won't be able to remove and it supports only JSON format.

Take a look at this documentation.

SatheeskannaK_0-1710196320609.png

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Level 2

hi @nirshani, We had implemented Twilio SMS at our end and during the process realized that we were unable to accomplish sending sms/whatsapp message directly using custom action as twilio uses basic authentication with content type as url encoded.

The combination of which is currently not available/probably allowed with custom action.

We created a AIO action to do the Twilio call and further used the AIO url in a datasource along with the basic authentication to achieve our use case as AIO content type would application/json

Level 3

thank you

can you elaborate on what is AIO action ? is like a middleware ?

thanks

Nir

Level 2

@nirshani AIO is Adobe I/O which allows you to deploy custom code on cloud. This IO url you can call from your DataSource to perform further twilio call. 

Refer this link - https://developer.adobe.com/runtime/docs/guides/overview/