Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Web Channel in AJO is not working as expected

Level 3

I'm currently in the process of integrating a web channel into our AJO implementation. Following the guidelines outlined in the 'Web Channel Prerequisites' documentation, I have successfully configured the web SDK. To test this setup, I've been utilizing Adobe's provided Luma enablement site and injecting tag scripts using a debugger.

I've accomplished creating an audience using the edge segment evaluation method, and I can confirm that data is flowing from the website into the AEP datasets, with profiles being successfully added to this audience.

However, when I attempt to use this audience in a web campaign with the debugger enabled for the site, I'm not observing the expected changes on the website page as specified in the web campaign configuration.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this matter and any insights you may have regarding any steps or details I might be overlooking

Thanks

Sankar

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sankar1 ,

It's great to hear that you've successfully configured the web SDK and data is flowing into Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) datasets. However, if you're not observing the expected changes on the website page when using the audience in a web campaign, there are several areas you can investigate to troubleshoot the issue:

1. *Web Campaign Configuration*: Double-check your web campaign configuration. Make sure that the audience you're targeting is correctly set up, and the campaign actions are defined accurately.

2. *Audience Validation*: Verify that the audience you created is populating as expected. You can use the segment preview functionality in AEP to ensure that the audience members match your criteria.

3. *Audience Synchronization*: Ensure that the audience is synchronizing properly with the web channel. There might be a delay in audience updates, and it's essential to confirm that the audience members are correctly identified on your website.

4. *Action Execution*: Check the campaign actions, such as JavaScript code, and confirm that they are properly structured and functional.

Troubleshooting issues in Adobe Experience Platform can sometimes be complex, and it may require a combination of checking configuration settings, monitoring logs, and making adjustments to your campaign setup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@sankar1 what is the version of AEP Web SDK ? 

I had faced similar issue, after updating AEP Web SDK to the latest version, web campaign started working as expected.Screenshot 2023-09-22 171620.png

Level 3

Hi @Anuhya-Y ,

Thank you for your response.I am also using the same version. PFB the screenshot.

sankar1_0-1695383668473.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sankar1 ,

It's great to hear that you've successfully configured the web SDK and data is flowing into Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) datasets. However, if you're not observing the expected changes on the website page when using the audience in a web campaign, there are several areas you can investigate to troubleshoot the issue:

1. *Web Campaign Configuration*: Double-check your web campaign configuration. Make sure that the audience you're targeting is correctly set up, and the campaign actions are defined accurately.

2. *Audience Validation*: Verify that the audience you created is populating as expected. You can use the segment preview functionality in AEP to ensure that the audience members match your criteria.

3. *Audience Synchronization*: Ensure that the audience is synchronizing properly with the web channel. There might be a delay in audience updates, and it's essential to confirm that the audience members are correctly identified on your website.

4. *Action Execution*: Check the campaign actions, such as JavaScript code, and confirm that they are properly structured and functional.

Troubleshooting issues in Adobe Experience Platform can sometimes be complex, and it may require a combination of checking configuration settings, monitoring logs, and making adjustments to your campaign setup.

Level 1

Hi @sankar1  Please check your Active-On-Edge Merge Policy for the segment. If it is not enable try to enable it and please also check data stream setting its AJO seting is enable there.

Thanks,