Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

want to send notification during day time only

Level 1

Hi Team,

Working with AJO here. 

We need to ensure that emails/push as part of a streaming Journey are sent only during day time ie. from 9 AM to 9 PM only.
And we need to queue up the notifications from being sent out until 9 am the next morning.

Any suggestion how we can achieve the same in AJO?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Here is the documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

It should keep the person in the journey until the condition is met, since you are unlikely to design another option to exit. So a person arriving at 9:01pm, should be held until the condition of 9am-9pm arrives the next day.    My only experience with folks automatically dropping from the journey is if they are in it for more than 30 days (which is not your scenario).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

In a Journey you can set a 'Condition' and select 'Date Condition (Days of the week)' or 'Time Condition'. Would this work for you?

Caveman77_0-1704319793471.png

Level 1

Does it will queue up the notifications from being sent out until 9 am the next morning or it will drop from the journey?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Here is the documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

It should keep the person in the journey until the condition is met, since you are unlikely to design another option to exit. So a person arriving at 9:01pm, should be held until the condition of 9am-9pm arrives the next day.    My only experience with folks automatically dropping from the journey is if they are in it for more than 30 days (which is not your scenario).

Level 6

Hi, 

Just wanted to confirm if this will indeed keep the person who arrives at 9:01pm in the journey and move forward at 9am next day? 

As a Condition to me would seem like it's supposed to exit people out of the journey if they don't meet certain criteria, in this case, if current time is not between 9am - 9pm then exit the profile. 

Official definition doesn't mention if individuals will stay in journey or not. 

• Hour: allows you to set up a condition based on the time of the day. You then define the start and end times. Individuals will enter the path only during the defined hour range.

Thanks!

Administrator

Hi @monika_26,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa