Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Sending to More than 1 email address for profile

Community Advisor

Hello

I have a general question regarding the presence of more than 1 email address which could be in an array under a specific object.  Let's call them primary and secondary for this use case.  These email addresses would not be part of the email namespace but named value pairs.

Using a journey within AJO, I should be able to select both the primary and secondary email address for a profile which qualifies for a journey, correct?  This would result in at lest two email send events upon the profile and could have 0..N opens.

Please confirm if this understanding is correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@brekrut No, you won't be able to send two email sent events for the profiles that have different email addresses. All it comes down to whatever the email field that you have configured on the channel configuration execution field section. Again you can override this execution address at the message level but again that will use only one address either primary or secondary in your case.

SatheeskannaK_0-1711654043919.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@brekrut No, you won't be able to send two email sent events for the profiles that have different email addresses. All it comes down to whatever the email field that you have configured on the channel configuration execution field section. Again you can override this execution address at the message level but again that will use only one address either primary or secondary in your case.

SatheeskannaK_0-1711654043919.png

Thanks, Sathees

Community Advisor

Thank you for the confirmation.  I figured this was the case but wanted to confirm.