Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Re-entrance in journey

Level 1

Objective - To build a journey to validate activation daily for a profile and trigger email based on activation.

I utilized audience qualification & enabled reentrance with wait time of 1 day so that activation is being checked each day and when activated - email would trigger. (my souce audience is such that a profile would be available everyday after refresh for 30 days)

my expectation was such that each day until a profile hasn’t activated - one entry would be stored in contact history with different contact dates since profile would re-enter each day from source in journey. 

But while checking contact history - 8 out of 10 profiles have just single record in contact history even after re-entrance is enabled and set with wait time of 1 day. 

Could someone please help to explain what is going wrong here? Does re-entrance doesn’t work like that?

Also, if there’s a more optimized way to achieve my objective?  @dugganab @SatheeskannaK @Anuhya-Y  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@preet07 If the audience used in the journey is batch type and rules used in the audience allow profiles to be present everyday, I suggest using read audience instead of audience qualification and schedule the journey after a few hours from the batch audience evaluation time to send out the messages. Refer to this documentation for more about when to use audience qualification.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@preet07 If the audience used in the journey is batch type and rules used in the audience allow profiles to be present everyday, I suggest using read audience instead of audience qualification and schedule the journey after a few hours from the batch audience evaluation time to send out the messages. Refer to this documentation for more about when to use audience qualification.

Thanks, Sathees