Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Override push parameters

Level 6

Hi there,

We have both android and ios setup using the same Push Surface. However, android and ios each have different platform id.

Below is what it looks like by default when we select the app surface and the default platform id (which defaults to ios platform id)

akwankl_4-1707954849535.png

As you can see there, there is no quotation marks around the id.

I tried using the override button, manually input the platform id in the expression editor so we can send to android devices (see the difference in platform id), but I am getting an error like below:

akwankl_2-1707954739866.png

akwankl_3-1707954806846.png

Is there a specific way to use this override parameter button? 

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If the user has both ios and android defined at the surface level, you will see the iOS section as default values in the push parameters section and this doesn't mean android devices won't be targeted.

Two push messages will be sent (with a single push activity in the canvas) based on the (token + app id + platform) combination against the profile.

So, ideally, parameter override would not be needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

If the user has both ios and android defined at the surface level, you will see the iOS section as default values in the push parameters section and this doesn't mean android devices won't be targeted.

Two push messages will be sent (with a single push activity in the canvas) based on the (token + app id + platform) combination against the profile.

So, ideally, parameter override would not be needed.

Level 6

I would like to still explore overriding the field with the expression editor, putting "fcm" does not work. Is there a proper syntax for this?

Employee

you will have to override all the three parameters, ensuring the appId and token are specific to fcm. 

dugganab_1-1708397958482.png