Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

No Email Address Found in Profile Error

Level 4

Hello,

I am testing my previously working Journey and while the test profile enters and exists the journey successfully, the email fails due to a "No Email Address Found in Profile" Error.  The confusion is AJO did in fact find the profile because the messageFeedback event exists in the Events tab (with the EmailNoAddressFoundInProfile error code) for that profile and the email address is included as an identity in the Linked Identities section.

We are aware there is a problem with this test profile in that it has some garbage associated with it in the identity map (see below), but that shouldn't cause this no Email error because the profile was found anyway and the email using the test address exists as an identity.

MktgCloudUser_0-1714665846097.png

Why is AJO not finding the email address?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks everyone, I figured it out which was in-line with the responses above.  While the solution was related to the out-of-the-box personalAddress attribute from the Standard fieldgroup being NULL, this value was always null when we set this up back in October and it worked just fine then.  I copied a working (at the time) journey to this new one and got this error.

My guess is that back in October, Adobe only checked the Email Namespace to retrieve the value - which in our case was in a custom Identity node and have since "fixed"?? it so that it now looks for the personalAddress in the standard fieldgroup by default.  Our email is in a different node, hence the error.

For folks who are new to AJO and have custom a storage location for the email, you can follow these steps to resolve:

1. Go to AJO > Configurations > Data Sources and edit the ExperiencePlatform entry. In the Union Schema, make sure the location of your custom field is checked to make it available to AJO, e.g., _acmecorp.identifies.emailAddress
  2. Once saved, navigate to your Journey and edit the Email Action.  In the dialog, uncheck the Hide Read Only Fields Toggle.  This will expose the Email Parameters field which you can now edit to add the correct email address field above (example below).

MktgCloudUser_0-1714673784582.png

This will resolve the no email found error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@MktgCloudUser What's the email address written on the personalEmail.address will be taken to send out the message by default. Verify you have a valid email address in this field.

Thanks, Sathees

Employee

This error occurs when the email execution address parameter is not populated and when the same parameter is used in the message configuration.

dugganab_1-1714671017355.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks everyone, I figured it out which was in-line with the responses above.  While the solution was related to the out-of-the-box personalAddress attribute from the Standard fieldgroup being NULL, this value was always null when we set this up back in October and it worked just fine then.  I copied a working (at the time) journey to this new one and got this error.

My guess is that back in October, Adobe only checked the Email Namespace to retrieve the value - which in our case was in a custom Identity node and have since "fixed"?? it so that it now looks for the personalAddress in the standard fieldgroup by default.  Our email is in a different node, hence the error.

For folks who are new to AJO and have custom a storage location for the email, you can follow these steps to resolve:

1. Go to AJO > Configurations > Data Sources and edit the ExperiencePlatform entry. In the Union Schema, make sure the location of your custom field is checked to make it available to AJO, e.g., _acmecorp.identifies.emailAddress
  2. Once saved, navigate to your Journey and edit the Email Action.  In the dialog, uncheck the Hide Read Only Fields Toggle.  This will expose the Email Parameters field which you can now edit to add the correct email address field above (example below).

MktgCloudUser_0-1714673784582.png

This will resolve the no email found error.