Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Message ID in URL tracking parameters at email channel surface level

Level 1

Hi All, 

I am creating a url tracking parameters in Channel surface and want to add the email message id/message name. 

Is it possible at channel surface level? 

I can see in the documentation. (Configure email settings | Adobe Journey Optimizer)

The following predefined values are available through the Expression Editor:

• Source action id: ID of the Email action added to the journey or campaign.

But this just gives me the campaign action id and not the message id. 

How can I add message information at channel surface level.

Thanks

Preeti

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You will need to add this to your URL's directly within the email designer by referring to the contextual attributes. It is not available at the channel surface level

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You will need to add this to your URL's directly within the email designer by referring to the contextual attributes. It is not available at the channel surface level

Community Advisor

@Preeti_Ghuraiya_197

When using {{context.system.source.actionId}} within a campaign, it automatically appends the message ID of the email to the campaign, that contains links within the email content. Similarly, when employing email messages within a journey, it automatically appends the message ID to outgoing messages. Additionally, when defining it as shown below, it applies to messages configured using the updated channel surface.

SatheeskannaK_0-1711506909901.png

Thanks, Sathees