Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Capping email for new sandbox or journey

Level 3

For the new email domain in new sandbox, is there any way to limit the emails per day or per journey? 

I know there are few manual ways like following but I have not found any automated way. 

The manual ways, I have found:
1. Profile cap. But for daily journey, you need to duplicate the journeys everyday if you want to adjust it. Because we cannot edit the published journey. 

2. Create different path with time condition with profile cap. It will be monster journey if I need to reach 50K email and want to increase 1K per day....and if I have like 3 different email templates. 

And frequency rule only works on the individual profile. 

Please let me know if you know any ways without editing the live journey. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Zahid_14, There's no automated way of configuring at the per day/journey level. The steps you have outlined are supposed to be the ways to do it. 

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Zahid_14, There's no automated way of configuring at the per day/journey level. The steps you have outlined are supposed to be the ways to do it. 

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK,
What about a custom action where we can use API call and python script with condition like increase 5% per day? 

Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 That won’t work. If I understand correctly, I think you wanted to do IP Warming for the new domain. In this case, use the audience orchestration feature where you can split from the base audience and set up a campaign to send out that.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK 
I tried that too. But do you know that adobe audience orchestration just refresh the audience one time? I talked with Adobe support and they said that audience orchestration is still not ready to use.
Here is what I did, I used my main audience in composition and then created 4 splits. 
Then I have used created another audience to use in the journey and added one of the split in there. 
The problem was, next day my audience for journey shows 0, whereas the split shows like 500 persons. One day after my journey audience showed 500. Next day it shows same 500 with exact same person id from yesterday and it did not take the new persons_ids from the main audience(which is used in the composition). Then i checked the split audience and it has also the old person ids from the first day. It is also not updated. 

Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 **Updated my comments**.

Yes, If you use audience composition there's no scheduling option. Initially, it will require approximately 24 hours to generate audience segments, depending on the standard evaluation time. Subsequently, the splitted audience segments will be regularly updated based on the everyday standard evaluation time.

If you're thinking of getting ready with a new domain you can try using the import audience option available within the audiences section. This allows us to import the profiles directly to the dataset and associate with an audience. From there you can apply the split to divide the audience.

SatheeskannaK_0-1709069943732.png

Thanks, Sathees