Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Open in FrameMaker" option not working

Level 1

The "Open in FrameMaker" option in our AEM Guides instance is showing up fine -- and it used to work for me. But lately (I think since upgrading versions of Guides and FrameMaker (to 2020), when I click "OPen in FrameMaker" to open either a .dita file or .ditamap file in FrameMaker, the screen just sort of blinks and then nothing happens. This happens to one of my coworkers as well, but is working properly for a handful of my other coworkers. I've checked that .dita and .ditamap files are set to open in Adobe FrameMaker 2020 by default on my system. I tried to allow pop-ups for our aem production instance. Any other ideas on why the OPen in FrameMaker option is not working for me and how to fix it? Thank you!

2 Replies

Employee

@tsherman1 : Since this is working for some of your coworkers and not working for few including you - so AEM Guides upgrade should not be an issue as I understand. Probably the "Open in FrameMaker" action is not able to find the FrameMaker application to launch on your system.

Can you check if you have multiple versions of FrameMaker installed on your system? or if FrameMaker registry is valid? - you may reach out to FrameMaker support for steps on this.

Level 1

Thank you for your quick response Divraj! I've entered a FrameMaker support case to see if they can help me fix it. It's a very handy option! And to answer your first question, I no longer have two versions of FrameMaker installed, but I did when this issue first started happening. I now only have 2020 installed, I removed 2019 a few weeks ago. Thanks!