Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question on footer size in AEM Guides

Level 2

Hello!

I'm pretty new to Native PDF, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but I'm trying to create a Back page layout that has significant copyright text in the footer. This is in addition to the typical three-field footer (page-title-day) implemented in the rest of the template.

The issue is that the footer content is cut off on the back page layout I'm working with. I have tried to adjust the page/footer attributes in multiple locations, but I'm not having any luck. How can I make the footer either auto-size to the content or have a fixed value to take up more of the page?

I've attached the code that I'm working with.

As a quick aside - is it possible to have the final topic content spill into the back page layout? (In other words I'm not looking for a standalone back page, rather I'm just looking for the final page to populate this long footer.)

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Josh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Josh,

You will find the Page Order tab and General, Page Layouts, and Print tabs in the template settings section. From the Page Order tab, you will find the option to merge page layouts. For the Back Page layout, you choose the option to merge with the Previous page. It will help you achieve what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Vivek

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Whoops, I figured out the first part of the question! Anyone know how to make sure that the DITA content displays on the final page?

Thanks!

Josh

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Josh,

You will find the Page Order tab and General, Page Layouts, and Print tabs in the template settings section. From the Page Order tab, you will find the option to merge page layouts. For the Back Page layout, you choose the option to merge with the Previous page. It will help you achieve what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Vivek

Level 2

Thanks for your quick response, Vivek! I really appreciate it!

I'm not seeing that option but I'm seeing the other options you mentioned. I'm working on Guides 4.2.229. Was that feature introduced recently?

Thanks again!

Josh

Employee

Yes, Josh. It came in 4.3. Yesterday we released 4.3.1 also. Once you upgrade to it you should be able to see this feature.