Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need ordered list to continue numbering when first steps are a conref

Level 4

The first three steps of my content are an ordered list that I conref into the topic. I need to have the ordered list continue numbering after the first three steps and not start over at 1. How can I do this?ol-list-continuation.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Here you have conref on the ordered list. That is why you cannot edit inside the ordered list.

If you want to extend the ordered list and use conref, then use conref on the list item. You can also use conrefend to have multiple list items as conref. This way, you can add a new list item to the ordered list with list items using conref.

list examples.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

You last <li> is under a separate <ol>, that's why the number is restarting. Can't you move this <li> in the previous <ol>? If that is not an option then you can put outputclass and restart the number from 4. But it will be error-prone, if the number of <li> in the previous list changes then this will go out of sync.

Level 4

When I attempt to add a new <li> within the conref <ol> it continues the numbering, but it's trying to add it to the conreffed list. 

I've tried adding a new <li> by placing my cursor and pressing enter after the last <li> in the conref list, but it just adds a new <p> element. ol-list-continuation-2.png 

Correct answer by
Employee

Here you have conref on the ordered list. That is why you cannot edit inside the ordered list.

If you want to extend the ordered list and use conref, then use conref on the list item. You can also use conrefend to have multiple list items as conref. This way, you can add a new list item to the ordered list with list items using conref.

list examples.png