Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

<draft-comment> appearing in PDF output

Level 4

Hello -- Anything we place inside the <draft-comment> element is appearing in our PDF output. I thought if I changed the document state of the topic from “Draft” to “Approved” or “Done” in Assets this would prevent the <draft-comment> from appearing in the published output.

Unfortunately, that did not work, and the <draft-comment> appeared in the published output after I changed the document state of the topic to “Approved” or “Done”.

How can this be resolved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nicole,

You have to use "!important" with "none" in the draft-comment style. You can use CSS Editor Source mode for these changes.

.draft-comment {
    display: none !important;
}

Regards,
Gunjan Kumar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Nicole,

You can use style to hide draft comments. Select .draft-comments style, go to LAYOUT section, select "none" for the Display dropdown. Following image will help

VivekK_0-1662123496921.png

Thanks,

Vivek

Level 5

We had the same issue with AEM Guides and using FMPS to generate the PDF, whereas the DITA-OT did not allow draft comments to appear. Here is the answer we received from Mayank Mehrota at Adobe:

- - -

The option to suppress <draft-comment> from PDF output is available via 'ConditionalizeComment' in ditafm.ini located at “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2020\fminit\ditafm”. If it is turned on ('1'), <draft-comment> would be hidden in Authoring as well as publishing.

Suppression of all three <draft-comment>, <data> & <data-about> can be achieved in multiple ways:

1. DITAVAL : All the elements to be suppressed from publishing would need to be annotated & corresponding DITAVAL being set.
  2. Conditional tags : All the elements to be suppressed can be hidden using conditional tags & that tag can then be hidden.
  3. An ESTK client script: We may be able to write an ESTK client script that will remove the elements from the intermediate fm file before it is generated. This is still a theoretical concept & will need to be POC'ed.

All options mentioned above have their own pros & cons. DITAVAL & conditional tags will need to be applied to all the elements to be suppressed. DITAVAL will allow the elements to be shown in Authoring & only hide in Publishing whereas Conditional tags will hide it from Authoring as well. ESTK script will result in minimal changes but we will need to do a POC beforehand.

- - -

He also supplied a jsx script:

- - -

You need to put the script in “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2020\startup” folder & then re-launch FM & publish.

- - -

Level 4

Thanks, Vivek. I followed the instructions you provided, but the draft-comment is still appearing in my PDF output.

draft-comment-1.pngdraft-comment.png

Employee

Gunjan will reach out to you for a call on Monday morning. We need to see what is happening but this is the way in the Native PDF to hide something.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nicole,

You have to use "!important" with "none" in the draft-comment style. You can use CSS Editor Source mode for these changes.

.draft-comment {
    display: none !important;
}

Regards,
Gunjan Kumar