Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Guides v4.3.1.390 is not restricting elements in the Editor

Level 5

New to v4.3.1.390: 

Within the XML Editor, the editor no longer appears to be restricting element selection based on the cursor position.

For example, my cursor was in the middle of a <plentry> element and should have only allowed me to insert a <pd> element in that specific position. Instead, most of the element list was available.

Is this a configuration setting to turn back on? Or a bug new to v4.3.1.390?

Versions on Production (Prod)
AEM Guides (UUID) 4.3.1.390 On-Prem Installation (Jan 15 2024)
AEM 6.5.19 (Service Pack 19) On-Prem Installation (Jan 15 2024)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

@sschnelbach

[update]
DXML-15108 is the reference ID for the enhancement logged to address this, which will be available in the upcoming release. 

NoteKindly mark the answer as correct if you have found the solution helpful, or let us know if more information is required.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @sschnelbach 

Element selector listing other elements is not an expected behavior; we have logged a ticket (Ref. DXML-15261) to get this fixed. 

Employee

We acknowledge that there is a change in behaviour which is creating a bit of confusion here, while the current list which you are seeing will not break the DITA standards and whatever element you use will either be added to the current selection or will re-adjust itself to add at the allowed place.

We will soon release an enhancement to cater to this confusion wherein there will be two lists within the insert element dialog - First list would display the list of elements which will be allowed at the current selection and the second list will display those elements which can be added after the current element. Work is actively being done on this and we should have this live in the upcoming release.

Hope this helps. 

Correct answer by
Level 6

@sschnelbach

[update]
DXML-15108 is the reference ID for the enhancement logged to address this, which will be available in the upcoming release. 

NoteKindly mark the answer as correct if you have found the solution helpful, or let us know if more information is required.

We don't have v4.4 installed yet, so I cannot verify your answer. But if you say it was been fixed, I'll click Correct reply.