Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Effect of "Adobe Analytics page code is already present" option in a page

Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit confused on how the page behavior will be when we enable the option "Adobe Analytics page code is already present".

Currently i have a Web Property with Sitecatalyst tool installed. The Header and Footer embed code of this property is set in two different pages(lets say Page1 and Page2). Page1 also happens to contain the legacy code in it, whereas Page2 has no legacy code. Now with the above option enabled in the web property, Page1 send tagging using the legacy code(which is a correct behavior) because DTM does not interfere in this case, but the problem i face is with Page2 which does not send any tagging at all, whereas the expectation was it would send the tagging based on the s-code configured in DTM and other logic in Page Load Rules and Data Elements.

Am i missing something here? May be there a configuration that i am missing? Or is this the actual expected behavior?

Regards,

Riyaz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Riayz,

The "Page code is already present" is behaving as expected.  This does not do any sort of code detection to see if you have legacy code, as it is taking your direction in selecting the box.  You can add any sort of event based rule that sends a s.tl() call.   If you need some sort of detection that will evaluate on every page if there is legacy code and then act accordingly then you can put that in one of the custom code sections.

-Rudi

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Mohamed, 

We seem to have the same issue. As soon as we enable the checkbox "Page code is already present" in the Adobe Analytics tool, rules are no longer firing, both on pages that contain legacy analytics code and on pages that don't have any analytics code on it whatsoever.

This is a major problem, since we have a lot of pages that are not tagged with DTM yet, but do contain the "old" Omniture code. We also have a lot of pages that don't have the old code but are tagged with DTM. 

Perhaps this bug was introduced in last month's release for DTM?

Fixes for April 3, 2014:

• Fixed an issue where clicks were not being tracked in certain scenarios when the Page code is already present box was enabled in theAdobe Analytics tool configuration.

Regards,

Mike

Correct answer by
Employee

Riayz,

The "Page code is already present" is behaving as expected.  This does not do any sort of code detection to see if you have legacy code, as it is taking your direction in selecting the box.  You can add any sort of event based rule that sends a s.tl() call.   If you need some sort of detection that will evaluate on every page if there is legacy code and then act accordingly then you can put that in one of the custom code sections.

-Rudi