Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM | How do I manage same/similar tags in multiple rules?

Level 2

I manages all tags in my websites using DTM and often create completely or almost the same HTML/Javascript tags into 3rd party tags area in pageload rules and event rules. That annoying me by not only newly issuing, copy-and-paste, tags but also fixing them.

If there were some kind of "shared tags"....
Are there any functions and/or workarounds dealing with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes Data elements are basically used for returning results which can be passed across rules. (For eg:- you can set up a data element to capture the page name and use this across rules).

I see that what you're trying to achieve wouldn't be possible thru data elements.

As I mentioned earlier, DTM doesn't currently have this feature. You can, however, suggest this as an idea over at http://ideas.omniture.com/. If possible, kindly include a use case as an example as this makes it easier to understand the requirement.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Hi Kunihiro,

Currently DTM does not support copying tags across rules.

Since I don't know what your JS/HTML tags are used for, I can't say for sure but have you tried using data elements?They can be referenced across rules.

Here's some documentation on them.

Regards

Rahul

Level 2

Hi Rahsing,
Thanks for your answer!
"JS/HTML tags" I meant are ad conversion tags, 3rd party solution tags and more.
I'd like to have a kind of function copying/sharing/reusing raw HTML/JavaScript.
Data elements only returns processed result values, right?

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes Data elements are basically used for returning results which can be passed across rules. (For eg:- you can set up a data element to capture the page name and use this across rules).

I see that what you're trying to achieve wouldn't be possible thru data elements.

As I mentioned earlier, DTM doesn't currently have this feature. You can, however, suggest this as an idea over at http://ideas.omniture.com/. If possible, kindly include a use case as an example as this makes it easier to understand the requirement.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 2

Thanks again.

I understood adn will post my request.