Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Cloud Debugger indicates false positive for AAM DIL

Employee

Using the Experience Cloud Debugger, the tool will list AAM DIL on a site when there is only server side forwarding.  This can lead to false concern there could be double data collection of Analytics data to AAM.

It would be ideal if the debugger could list when there is server side forwarding or at least distinguish the presence of the Audience Module from true legacy client-side DIL code.  Bonus would be if there could be an indicator when both the Audience Module and client side DIL is detected warning of possible double data collection.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I was working with the team that is building and maintaining the Experience Cloud Debugger today and this topic came up.  The reason why there is a false-positive for DIL code is that with server-side forwarding (SSF), similar code is added in as an analytics module.  They agreed that this needed to be addressed to differentiate between DIL and SSF.  I also agree that DIL & SSF on the same page should be exposed either in the Debugger or Auditor, or both.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I was working with the team that is building and maintaining the Experience Cloud Debugger today and this topic came up.  The reason why there is a false-positive for DIL code is that with server-side forwarding (SSF), similar code is added in as an analytics module.  They agreed that this needed to be addressed to differentiate between DIL and SSF.  I also agree that DIL & SSF on the same page should be exposed either in the Debugger or Auditor, or both.

Employee

Yes, you are right about that. 

(You may already be aware, but for future reference for others...) For now, you can see that what Modules are being used by Adobe Analytics using the Summary tab under the Analytics section.  It should indicate that there is the "AudienceManagement" Module.  If that is the case, you can assume that DIL is being inserted via the "AudienceManagement" module.