Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Where to find Standard Error in Adobe Target results?

Level 3

I am trying to locate the standard deviation calculated for an A/B test variants? Where can I find those in the reports?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @emmak109 ,

Ignore the UI, calculations are still the same. Did you go through the link shared?

The link had an option to perform the calculations offline (Attached here) and can be used. See whether it is useful to you.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Emma,

Standard Deviation is not a direct metric in Target Activities for consumption.

Deviations are used to calculate the Confidence Level. Calculations for A/B/n activities are here.

Level 3

Oh no! The link you shared looks so different from the current UI of Adobe Target. The only range I see in the current UI is 'range of Lift (Low, Middle, High)' - which is usually the difference in the KPI I am measuring. To be able to make correct interpretation of the test results (not just on the basis of Confidence - p values or Lift range), I need to see how much variation occurs in the normal distribution of KPI in both Control and Treatment groups. The reason I am asking this is data looks flaky to me - we have 97% confidence (0.03 pvalue) despite of extremely high range in lift (from negative: -78 to positive: 13). I need to find answer to this and that is why I wanted to look at the confidence interval range for the KPI I am using for this test. If it is not available in Adobe Target, then what workaround do you suggest?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @emmak109 ,

Ignore the UI, calculations are still the same. Did you go through the link shared?

The link had an option to perform the calculations offline (Attached here) and can be used. See whether it is useful to you.

Level 3

that's the point!

I have used this sheet as a workaround, however, without knowing "Sum KPI Squared" (which in this case is Revenue) I cannot perform the standard deviations and other statistical calculation. I already used https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/sum-of-revenue-squared/td... to create this metric but then when I try to use this metric in A4T report I cannot breakdown the numbers for this metric by control and treatment group. How should I do this? 

Community Advisor

Okay, got you!

Unfortunately, Calculated Metrics are not supported for 'Analytics for Target' and thus you are unable to see when you break them down by Activity.

Did you try creating a segment with Experience A/B/n separately and add the calculated metric there? Guess @Asheesh_Pandey was suggesting the same in the other thread.

Level 3

Can you also please share the the link for that thread? I need more details on this.

Level 3

Thank you for mentioning this!

I am still confused on what exact segment I need to apply and where? Are you saying after the test is completed, I should create a segment out of treatment group (variant)?

Administrator

Thanks for keeping the inquiry up @emmak109, and thanks @PratheepArunRaj for your always-helpful guidance here on the thread! Wondering if any of our fellow Adobe Target Community Advisors and/ or Adobe Target Community Mentors might be able to weigh in and help clarify further?

CC our brilliant Advisors:  , and 

and our inspiring Mentors: 

@abhilashsape@Gokul_Agiwal@Rajneesh_Gautam_@PratheepArunRaj, and @Sneha-Parmar

Amelia_Waliany_0-1692917072008.png

Amelia_Waliany_1-1692917072010.png

Total Posts

Correct reply

Amelia_Waliany_3-1692917072011.png

Amelia_Waliany_4-1692917072009.png

Amelia_Waliany_5-1692917072009.png

Amelia_Waliany_6-1692917072010.png

Amelia_Waliany_7-1692917072010.png