Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Use Cookies to Target and display personnalized content

Level 2

Hi 

I am new to Adobe Target. I have a client that has a website that does not have a login portal. The client is in the Banking Industry. I want each specific end users who enter the site to have a personalized contents. As of now there is a News page, Reports and Researches, and Statistical Data page that I believe could use Adobe Target to create a Personalized Content for each end users. I just want to ask for your advises if this idea I have is feasible. 

I want to use Cookies of each customers to create a personalized content. As each Content metion above have Tags within them. I would like to use Cookies (or search history from that website) of the each end users devices to display content that matches the Tags of contents so that each users can have a personalized contnet displays that matches their desired contents. For example, let's say my personal device has a cookies of "Interest Rates", I want the content that are displayed to come from contents that are Tagged with "Interest Rates" or something that is within the same topic.

Please advice if this is feasible or if there is any alternative methods that are more effective please suggest.

Kind regards,
Sching

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @ChanuteJo,

If you want to use cookie value as a segment - 

If you're using Adobe Launch Tag Manager you can create a data element to capture a cookie and send it to Adobe Target as an Mbox/profile parameter basis your requirement. Furthermore, you can use this parameter to create an audience and use it in an activity setup.

If you want to display value from cookies - 

If you want to display a value from a cookie on the page, it can be done directly through the custom code option in VEC/FEC.

Hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @ChanuteJo,

If you want to use cookie value as a segment - 

If you're using Adobe Launch Tag Manager you can create a data element to capture a cookie and send it to Adobe Target as an Mbox/profile parameter basis your requirement. Furthermore, you can use this parameter to create an audience and use it in an activity setup.

If you want to display value from cookies - 

If you want to display a value from a cookie on the page, it can be done directly through the custom code option in VEC/FEC.

Hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any further queries.