Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Tracking CTA Click with Form Composer Build

Level 2

On one of our sites, the visual editor is still being fixed so I need to use the Form Composer to build out A/B tests. I have one running now but am having trouble getting a CTA click to track in the reporting. I have added mbox-name-checkPriceExperiment to the CTA as a class name. Then in the reporting, I added a goal metric of Conversion > Clicked on mbox > mbox name: checkPriceExperiment. This isn't working for me though. Nothing is coming through. We have Google Analytics and I can see that there have been clicks on the CTAs. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong in Adobe Target to get it to track?

Code:

<button type="button" class="btn btn-secondary btn-lg btn-block mbox-name-checkPriceExperiment">See Local Price</button>

Reporting:

MelissaMa7_0-1710862399204.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, you would need to add a trackEvent request when the button is clicked, based on the same triggering logic as your GA event. So based on your Goals & Settings configuration, your trackEvent should look something like

adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'checkPriceExperiment'})

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, you would need to add a trackEvent request when the button is clicked, based on the same triggering logic as your GA event. So based on your Goals & Settings configuration, your trackEvent should look something like

adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'checkPriceExperiment'})

Level 2

Thank you! I am new to target so figured I was missing something. This worked great.