Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

target edge web sdk

Level 5

I have got a question on certification exam. What is required in order to use Target with AEP on Edge? You need to choose two options. I was confused because datastream is required of course but schema without dataset does not make any point ....

1. Datastream

2. Dataset 

3. Schema 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Michael_Soprano,

I see what you mean about needing both a schema and a dataset—they indeed go hand in hand. But here’s the thing: while datasets are essential for organizing your data within AEP, the schema is truly crucial for defining how this data should be structured to be useful, especially when working with Target on the Edge network. Think about it this way, even if all our data is perfectly stored in a dataset, it won’t be much use if we don’t have a well-defined schema. The schema's role in defining data structure is key, particularly for its application in Target via the Edge network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Michael_Soprano,

I see what you mean about needing both a schema and a dataset—they indeed go hand in hand. But here’s the thing: while datasets are essential for organizing your data within AEP, the schema is truly crucial for defining how this data should be structured to be useful, especially when working with Target on the Edge network. Think about it this way, even if all our data is perfectly stored in a dataset, it won’t be much use if we don’t have a well-defined schema. The schema's role in defining data structure is key, particularly for its application in Target via the Edge network.