Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Sending events to Target and measuring them in Analyticis

Level 1

Hi, the learning curve for Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics is proving to be tough, see if you can help me understand this case better:

I have created an activity called EVENT-TEST in Adobe Target, which is a simple AB test where a new button appears and fires an event if you press it.

This insertion of the button and the event is made from javascript (the website uses at.js). Therefore the EVENT-TEST activity is activated with a Page Load Event with a Custom Code where I use javascript. The event is triggered like this:

window.adobe.target.trackEvent({
      "mbox": "test-clicked-cta",
      "params": {
        "testvariant": variant
      }
});

I have seen that the event fires well in Adobe Target by QA url.

1. Here comes my first question, why to be able to measure this event I have to put it as -> Metric: Conversion and Action: Viewed an mbox? For me it makes more sense that a click on a button is an Engagement metric and not a Conversion, but I see that from Engagement I can't select this event ‘test-clicked-cta’.

2. Second question: If you tell me this is a Metric: Conversion, then I would like it to be a ‘Clicked an element’. But I also don't have the option to select the custom test-clicked-cta I put in the javascript code:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-08 a las 16.55.47.png

3. Final and most important question: where can I see my test-clicked-cta event reflected in Adobe Analytics, and can I really link that event to a metric?

Im using Analytics for Target:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-08 a las 17.03.52.png

Thank you very much

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @YeahBuddy ,

If you want to pass that data to Adobe analytics, in Goals and Settings, add reporting source adobe analytics.

You can also define and capture the button/link click event in adobe analytics and use that for your engagement/goal purpose.

Refer Screenshot.

prads_0-1715256380772.png

Level 1

Thank you! Is what you have created in Adobe Analytics an Event? Or is it an eVar (Dimension)? In the client's Analytics I don't see where the events are created, maybe you haven't given me permissions to view and create them.

Level 4

In my case I was added custom event 32 in adobe analytics and used that in Target for button click.

But if you are using conversion as a activity as per your requirement. Then select that button and capture that conversion as event.

prads_0-1715348310125.png

As I explained use Adobe Analytics as a reporting source.

And in analytics report use "Activity Conversion" metrics for capturing this data.