Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Regarding sending data from AWS to adobe target in real time

Level 2

I have Adobe ECID with me in AWS environment I want to send this ECID and and with that some details specific to ECID into Adobe target how can I send this details to Adobe target I see on documentation single profile updating is there but it's taking time I want to send it to Adobe target in real time to give user experience How can I do that it will be very helpful to know.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Dharmesh  - you may also use Adobe Target's Delivery API which works rather faster as compared to single-profile update. It supports data-updates using ECID: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/#section/Identifying-Visitors/Marketing-Cloud-Vi...

You can pass mbox/profile parameters to update the visitor-profile.

One important thing to remember: delivery APIs will be charged as part of your server-calls quota so do the forecasting before using this method in a production environment.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

It depends somewhat on what exactly is configured in AWS but one option could be:
-set up an AWS Lambda function that can retrieve the relevant data from AWS services
-set up API Gateway to give you an endpoint where you could make requests to Lambda from the client.
You could then pass data from the Lambda response into Target as an mbox parameter, which would be attached to the Target profile in real-time

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Dharmesh  - you may also use Adobe Target's Delivery API which works rather faster as compared to single-profile update. It supports data-updates using ECID: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/#section/Identifying-Visitors/Marketing-Cloud-Vi...

You can pass mbox/profile parameters to update the visitor-profile.

One important thing to remember: delivery APIs will be charged as part of your server-calls quota so do the forecasting before using this method in a production environment.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rajneesh