Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Recommending High Traffic or Most Popular Product

Level 3

Hi Team,

I have a scenarion, I have to recommend a product to the user based on Polularity nothing but High traffic product.
I have to setup crtieria inclusion to filter down the product that only have more 1k views.

Since i do not have any traffic data in catalog or parameter i assume I have to get the product traffic details through Analytics Feed classification option.

Is this correct if yes how can we share that traffic data about a product as parameter into target.
If not what could be the best way to do this.
Tagging Top contributors for a quick response
Really love your contribution guys.
@PratheepArunRaj @nnakirikanti @alexbishop @Gokul_Agiwal @Perrin_Ennen 
Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The possible hack I can think of is to create a Profile Script to count the number of times the Product is viewed and use it in Recommendations.

However, there are a few gotchas.

- If you implement the profile script today, the count will be initiated only by today, and thus data history is a tougher ask.

- Above script will not break down the numbers by time (Day, Week, Month, etc). So, if you need the traffic by time, you need to create different profile scripts based on day, week, month, etc.

A feasible use case is to count the views by month and I guess we can do the same in Profile Script. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @DhanA2 ,

There is an operator "Is Greater Than or Equal To", but to use the same, we would need the traffic details.

Classification Feed from Analytics can give you the METADATA details for the product but not traffic. 

So, not sure whether we do have a straightforward option for this. If there is a hack, let me think through it and revert. Will also wait for the others to see their input.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: If I didn't come back before Monday, please feel free to re-tag my name to the post.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The possible hack I can think of is to create a Profile Script to count the number of times the Product is viewed and use it in Recommendations.

However, there are a few gotchas.

- If you implement the profile script today, the count will be initiated only by today, and thus data history is a tougher ask.

- Above script will not break down the numbers by time (Day, Week, Month, etc). So, if you need the traffic by time, you need to create different profile scripts based on day, week, month, etc.

A feasible use case is to count the views by month and I guess we can do the same in Profile Script. Cheers!