Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Priority Activities not working as expected

Level 1

I created some activities on the same element of my website and divided it according to Adobe Audiences. However, one user can be at multiple audiences at the same time, to solve that I prioritize some activities over others. 

So, my priority is:

Smartphones - most important - configured as priority number 2 on Target

TVs - middle importance - configured as priority number 1 on Target

Home Appliances - less important - configured as priority number 0 on Target

However, I know I am in all audiences, but I am still seeing TVs activity, when I should have seen Smartphones, as it is the most important one.

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @IsabelleMa 

I will attempt to put forth my understanding of what might be going wrong here.

Priority of target activities can be defined from 0-999 and as you mentioned you have put in 0,1 and 2. Now, how target renders these activities is that if a user falls in multiple activities then lower priority activity content is rendered and then further higher priority content overwrites the content and hence, the highest priority activity content is displayed. The user still does fall into all the activities they are eligible for, just the content is displayed for the highest activity if there is an overlap in the html elements being changed by the activities like in this case. There is, however, a caveat here that the lower activity code/changes should not alter the DOM or the HTML page structure in such a manner that the higher activity code can no longer work properly.

In your case, there can be two scenarios:

1. The above case where the lower priority activity might be altering the DOM structure. More here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/priority.html?lang=en

2. You might not actually be falling in the highest priority activity. To check if you are indeed falling in the highest priority activity, you can check the response of the 'delivery' network call (I am assuming you are using at.js version 2+) and see if you are indeed falling in both the activities.

abhinavbalooni_0-1701122650284.png

Hope the above would help you zero in on the cause.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @IsabelleMa 

I will attempt to put forth my understanding of what might be going wrong here.

Priority of target activities can be defined from 0-999 and as you mentioned you have put in 0,1 and 2. Now, how target renders these activities is that if a user falls in multiple activities then lower priority activity content is rendered and then further higher priority content overwrites the content and hence, the highest priority activity content is displayed. The user still does fall into all the activities they are eligible for, just the content is displayed for the highest activity if there is an overlap in the html elements being changed by the activities like in this case. There is, however, a caveat here that the lower activity code/changes should not alter the DOM or the HTML page structure in such a manner that the higher activity code can no longer work properly.

In your case, there can be two scenarios:

1. The above case where the lower priority activity might be altering the DOM structure. More here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/priority.html?lang=en

2. You might not actually be falling in the highest priority activity. To check if you are indeed falling in the highest priority activity, you can check the response of the 'delivery' network call (I am assuming you are using at.js version 2+) and see if you are indeed falling in both the activities.

abhinavbalooni_0-1701122650284.png

Hope the above would help you zero in on the cause.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

Hey @IsabelleMa 

Did the above response help?

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Abhinav