Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Prioritizing Different Experiences in One Activity on the basis of different audiences

Community Advisor

I want to create an experience-targeting activity where I want to create 5 experiences and every experience needs to have its individual audience group that I have created. In the Targeting step the message displayed says :

Drag and drop to arrange the audiences and experiences in the desired order. Visitors will see experiences in order, from top to bottom.
Does this mean we are prioritizing one Exp over another if I have below 5 Exp arranged in this order?

For Example:

Exp A: Audience Toys (Show toys site section who have seen toys in the past 90 days)

Exp B: Audience Shoe (Show shoe site section who have seen the shoe in the past 90 days)

Exp C: Audience Shirts (Show shirts site section who have seen toys in the past 90 days)

ExpE - Audience Pants (Show pants site section who have seen toys in the past 90 days)

Exp E : Audience Remaining (Show default Exp to the rest of the audience)

How would I prioritize one exp over another if users have visited more than one site section of the website in the past 90 days? I want to prioritize in a manner if the user has visited both toys and shirt site section as well then show that user Exp A, which belongs to toys and so forth.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @JyotiSharmaV,

Yes, the ordering of the experiences is effectively a method of prioritization. In your case, since you want to prioritize Experience A (Toys) for visitors who have seen both toys and shirts sections, you should place Exp A at the top of the list. This will ensure that any visitor who qualifies for Audience Toys and Audience Shirts will first see the Toys experience.

In your order, visitors who have seen both toys and shirts sections will receive Experience A because it's prioritized at the top of the list. Suppose another visitor has seen both shoe and pants sections. In that case, they will receive Experience B. Finally, if a visitor does not fit into any of the first four audiences, they will receive Experience E, which acts as a catch-all for the remaining visitors.

More information here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/experience-targeting/create-targetin...

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @JyotiSharmaV,

Yes, the ordering of the experiences is effectively a method of prioritization. In your case, since you want to prioritize Experience A (Toys) for visitors who have seen both toys and shirts sections, you should place Exp A at the top of the list. This will ensure that any visitor who qualifies for Audience Toys and Audience Shirts will first see the Toys experience.

In your order, visitors who have seen both toys and shirts sections will receive Experience A because it's prioritized at the top of the list. Suppose another visitor has seen both shoe and pants sections. In that case, they will receive Experience B. Finally, if a visitor does not fit into any of the first four audiences, they will receive Experience E, which acts as a catch-all for the remaining visitors.

More information here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/experience-targeting/create-targetin...

I hope that helps.

Community Advisor

Do you know if we can hyperlink the banners we modify CSS in target activities?