Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

My test experience is “stuck” on the test page – i.e. the URL updates but the page flickers but nothing changes

Level 2

My test experience is “stuck” on the test page – i.e. the URL updates but the page flickers but nothing changes

Steps to re-create:

1 - Open incognito

2 - Navigate to my-website.com/my-test-page/?at_preview_token=MyPreviewToken&at_preview_index=1_2&at_preview_evaluate_as_true_audience_ids=1234567

3 - Click any link on the page

4 - The URL changes but the page flickers but nothing changes

This error occurs ONLY for the “at_preview_evaluate_as_true_audience_ids=1234567” QA link.

This error does not occur with ANY other QA link.

This error occurs regardless whether I define my test location in Audience Refinements and/or define my audience at the “Targeting” (step 2) step.

Appreciate any tips. Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Amelia! PM'ed you. In the meantime,

- the "stickiness" was unique to the QA links for our use case and did not occur when the test was Activated temporarily for validation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi @will1234, what is the audience qualification for this activity?  If the error occurs ONLY for the “at_preview_evaluate_as_true_audience_ids=1234567”, then it can be because you are not qualifying for the audience segment.

Level 2

For the Location Audience Refinement, I set the audience as "URL equals <my home page>" 

will1234_2-1684937532961.png

For the Targeting step 2 of Edit Activity (Experiences step 1, Targeting step 2, Goals & Settings step 3), I have no audience defined (it is the default All Visitors)

will1234_1-1684937454976.png

Level 2

Hi jpetermarias,

I believe I am qualifying for the segment because I am able to see my experience content on the page. The issue is that when I click any link on the page (linking to other pages), the URL changes but the entire page content is "stuck" on the experience content (pressing F12 shows the Activity response is still present even though the URL changed so it was supposed to navigate away from the experience page).

Screenshots attached below.

Administrator

Thanks for your question here @will1234 , and thanks @jpetermarias for your guidance here on the thread! @will1234 did you find the solution you were looking for? If so please feel free to update the thread here by sharing your insights, adding any follow up or clarifying questions, and / or closing out the thread by marking @jpetermarias's answer as the correct reply - thanks again and looking forward to staying connected here in the Target Community! 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Amelia! PM'ed you. In the meantime,

- the "stickiness" was unique to the QA links for our use case and did not occur when the test was Activated temporarily for validation.