Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Implementing Pre-hiding Snippet in Adobe Launch for AEM Site

Community Advisor

As per documentation, the pre-hiding snippet is typically hardcoded before the launch tag, but I am seeking guidance on integrating it within Adobe Launch(integrated with AEM using ims approach) itself. Additionally, any best practices or recommendations for this integration would be greatly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Bhuwan_B  

Thank you for coming back to me. To be honest, I've had tried this approach in my project where the flicker impact noticeable if you have implemented pre-hide snippet through tag manager.  Also other issues been seen like other third party script conflict with pre hide code (sometimes) execution wise and moreover it's impacting the core web vitals metrics like the default timeout values on anti-flicker snippets are set high (3 seconds) especially when we consider the limits that are placed on metrics like Largest Contentful Paint.

So we decided to go with hard coded with less time out and able to measure the impact of pre hide snippet code using User Timings

I've followed below article which explain nicely.

https://andydavies.me/blog/2020/11/16/the-case-against-anti-flicker-snippets/ 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Bhuwan_B 

Do you mean adding the pre-hide snippet through tag manager - Adobe Launch rather hard coded on page and seeing the impact is this understanding correct? 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Bhuwan_B  

Thank you for coming back to me. To be honest, I've had tried this approach in my project where the flicker impact noticeable if you have implemented pre-hide snippet through tag manager.  Also other issues been seen like other third party script conflict with pre hide code (sometimes) execution wise and moreover it's impacting the core web vitals metrics like the default timeout values on anti-flicker snippets are set high (3 seconds) especially when we consider the limits that are placed on metrics like Largest Contentful Paint.

So we decided to go with hard coded with less time out and able to measure the impact of pre hide snippet code using User Timings

I've followed below article which explain nicely.

https://andydavies.me/blog/2020/11/16/the-case-against-anti-flicker-snippets/ 

Hope this helps.