Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

How can I use GA4 Audiences in Target to segment my activities?

Level 2

Hello, 

I have GA4 implemented on the website and recently I have implemented Target to start doing A/B tests and Personalisation but I had come across a problem I do not know how to solve: integrating GA4 audiences with Target.

I was looking on ways to integrate the audiences i build on GA4 with Adobe Target to segment my ativities based on what audience the user is in.

How can I achieve this? I have reviewed the documentation of Google and Adobe but I was not able to find any useful resource on how to do that. 

Thank you all!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are a few different ways of getting data into Adobe Target (see here), there are probably 2 options relevant in your scenario:
i) Pass the same data you send to GA as events/dimensions into Target as parameters, and then create the audience in Target
ii) If it's an audience of known users (i.e., identified via some sort of customer ID) then you could either use Customer Attributes or the Profile Update API (see here)
Note: I have seen customers use Customer Attributes, but based on the Experience Cloud ID cookie, in order to broaden this to audiences of unknown users; however, the challenge here of course is that these cookies will expire so the % of the audience that can be targeted will be lower, depending also on how frequently visitors visit the website 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are a few different ways of getting data into Adobe Target (see here), there are probably 2 options relevant in your scenario:
i) Pass the same data you send to GA as events/dimensions into Target as parameters, and then create the audience in Target
ii) If it's an audience of known users (i.e., identified via some sort of customer ID) then you could either use Customer Attributes or the Profile Update API (see here)
Note: I have seen customers use Customer Attributes, but based on the Experience Cloud ID cookie, in order to broaden this to audiences of unknown users; however, the challenge here of course is that these cookies will expire so the % of the audience that can be targeted will be lower, depending also on how frequently visitors visit the website