Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can i get the ID or title of the current exprience in the page where is tested?

Former Community Member

For example , I make Experiences A and Experiences B , and deploy on my site, now I want get the current experience name or id  with javascript , how should i do ?

thanks a lot !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

As suggested by Thomas, You can use the pass the below code in custom code section of each experience variation of the test to fetch the experience ID etc.

<script type="text/javascript">

var sCampaignName='${campaign.name}';

var sExperienceName = '${campaign.recipe.name}';

var scampId='${campaign.id}';

var sExpId=${campaign.recipe.id}'

alert("Your Campaign name is " + '${campaign.name}' + " :Your Experience name is "+ '${campaign.recipe.name}'+" :Your campaign Id is "+'${campaign.id}' +" :Your Experience ID is "+ '${campaign.recipe.id}' );

</script>

Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

You can print those information by writing {campaign.name} or {campaign.id} as part of the HTML/JS returned in an experiment. See the full list of parameters here: Useful Variables, Profiles, Parameters, and Methods

/Løjmann

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

As suggested by Thomas, You can use the pass the below code in custom code section of each experience variation of the test to fetch the experience ID etc.

<script type="text/javascript">

var sCampaignName='${campaign.name}';

var sExperienceName = '${campaign.recipe.name}';

var scampId='${campaign.id}';

var sExpId=${campaign.recipe.id}'

alert("Your Campaign name is " + '${campaign.name}' + " :Your Experience name is "+ '${campaign.recipe.name}'+" :Your campaign Id is "+'${campaign.id}' +" :Your Experience ID is "+ '${campaign.recipe.id}' );

</script>

Regards

Parit Mittal

Former Community Member

thanks everyone !

Now anther question: Now I know the info (id ,name etc) of one experience , how can I get the offers or the actions  of the experience with javascript ?

LøjmannParitMittal

Level 5

What do you think of here? Do you want the offer name and conversion measure, into JS?

As far as I know, you can't get the conversion points in (that is taking measure server-side), the only campaign related variables you can fetch are:

• campaign.name
  • campaign.id
  • campaign.recipe.name
  • campaign.recipe.id
  • offer.name
  • offer.id

/Løjmann

Level 10

Hi ,

you can use below to get the offers for each experience with Javascript.

• ${offer.name}
  • ${offer.id}

Also, to measure the Action you have to set up Goals with your test. Please see the following link for more help :Goals and Settings

Former Community Member

for example,  I make Experiences A and Experiences B ,

experience name              experience id

Experiences A                   0

Experiences B                   1

and the action of Experiences A which id is 0 is just set the background-color to white:

[{

"actions": [{

"property": "background-color",

"action": "setStyle",

"selector": "HTML > BODY > DIV:nth-of-type(1)",

"priority": "important",

"value": "rgba(255,255,255,1)",

"cssSelector": "HTML > BODY > DIV:nth-of-type(1)"

} ]

}]

and Experiences B which id is 1 is set the background-color to black;

[{

"value": "rgba(0,0,0,1)",

} ]

}]

on the test page I have got the a Experience id 1 which is from my database , now  I want to get below info from the id 1:

[{

"value": "rgba(0,0,0,1)",

} ]

}]

how should I do ?

LøjmannParitMittal

Level 10

Hi ,

As far as I know, you can't fetch the actions in an experience inside a test. As decribed by Løjmann you can only fetch campaign below variables using Javascript.

• campaign.name
  • campaign.id
  • campaign.recipe.name
  • campaign.recipe.id
  • offer.name
  • offer.id

Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 5

Hi Parit,

is this supposed output to the console when a test page is loaded? If so, I don't see anything at.

I added this to the Custom Code section of Exp. A and Exp. B.

Also, which cookie ties a visitor to a specific experience and prevents them from being part of Exp. A and Exp. B.?

Ali

Community Advisor

Hi there,

If I am reading it correctly, you are looking for Experience Targeting where Experience Audiences are derived by a value that you are extratcing from your dataabse. In that case, flow will look like:

1. Data (for your example, this will be ID 0 or 1) on the basis of which experience needs to be selected.

2. Pass this data using targetPageParams to Global mbox call (say expId=0 and expId=1)

3. Create Audiences on the basis of passed parameter and different values.

4. Use these audiences in an Experience Targeting activity where offer-code just returns a JSON object as you have stated below.

Let me know if my interpretation was wrong,

Regards,

Rajneesh

Level 3

Hey alim92960278,

This will not print anything into the console unless you explicitly tell it to. You may want to instead console.log it like this

<script>

console.log("Your Campaign name is " + '${campaign.name}');
console.log("Your Experience name is "+ '${campaign.recipe.name}');

console.log("Your Campaign ID is "+ '${campaign.id}');

console.log("Your Experience ID is "+ '${campaign.recipe.id}');

</script>

Also you may want to look at this documentation which Adobe provides on what useful parameters you can use found here: Useful Variables, Profiles, Parameters, and Methods

Target Troubleshooting - YouTube at 12:00 mins

Important: Make sure you also enable the response tokens if you need this to show up:

response_tokens.jpg