Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Help figuring out how to set A/B Test's goal metric

Level 2

Hello there,

I would like some help on how to create an A/B test, whose goal metric may not be one of the OOTB offered.

Below are the variations for the test:
- Experiment A will be the control view, showing the percentage discount of the products (the site currently shows it that way);
- Experiment B will show the discount in the local currency.

These experiences are already configured, but I need help with the third tab (Goals & Settings).

The client would like to know which of these variations would generate more clicks on the product image/title (considering that there is a list of products on the respective page).

Is it advisable to use regional mboxes for this purpose? And if so, is there a way to track/debug every time the regional mbox is fired or viewed?

We tried code below for that purpose, and set it in the Target Rule inside Data Collection.

productImageLinks and productTextLinks are the links for the product's page.

productImageLinks.addEventListener("click", () => {
        adobe.target.trackEvent({
          "mbox": "product_with_discount_click"
        });
      }, { once : true });

productTextLinks.addEventListener("click", () => {
        adobe.target.trackEvent({
          "mbox": "product_with_discount_click"
        });
      }, { once : true });

Below is the current report (the audience is set to auto-allocate):

target.png

Thank you very much!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you would configure your metric like this in the Goals & Settings section:
Skærmbillede 2024-04-05 kl. 14.46.48.png

And then within the Target Reports you can click on the "Report metric" dropdown and select the Primary Metric + other goals/metrics you might have defined

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you would configure your metric like this in the Goals & Settings section:
Skærmbillede 2024-04-05 kl. 14.46.48.png

And then within the Target Reports you can click on the "Report metric" dropdown and select the Primary Metric + other goals/metrics you might have defined

Level 2

Hi again, @alexbishop,

I have another question that's perhaps related to this topic: is it possible to set additional mboxes to mimic Analytics' breakdown capability?

This would mean: the client clicks on either Experience A or Experience B (any of the changed menu items), triggering its goal, and with those additional mboxes we would also find out what menu item the cliend exactly clicked. 

A coworker suggested to implement that on Analytics side, but I was wondering if we could do that relying on Target's capabilities only, should the client had no A4T activated.

Thank you very much!