Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Does Automated Personalisation test allows to create the experience which redirect to new URL?

Level 1

I would like to create an Automated Personalisation test that redirects to another URL which page offers a customed homepage experience for a particular affinity audience. However, the option of redirect URL seems not available on Automated Personalisation test, but it does on A/B test type. Does anyone know how to set redirect URL in automated personalisation test? Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Matt167 - To create a redirect within AP activities, use the form-based composer instead of the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) by creating a redirect offer. The redirect offer executes JavaScript code to redirect the browser. It uses the method:

window.location.replace()

so the page the visitor is redirected from is not stored in the browser history. This allows the visitor to use the back button in their browser still.

More details here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/offers/offer-redirect.html?lang=en

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Matt167 - To create a redirect within AP activities, use the form-based composer instead of the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) by creating a redirect offer. The redirect offer executes JavaScript code to redirect the browser. It uses the method:

window.location.replace()

so the page the visitor is redirected from is not stored in the browser history. This allows the visitor to use the back button in their browser still.

More details here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/offers/offer-redirect.html?lang=en

I hope that helps.