Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Auto-Target - Do I create the audiences?

Level 1

From what I'm reading it appears that in the activity type I don't set the audiences, I just allocate all traffic. Then the algorithm works out which experience each individual customer would prefer based on their attributes. That correct?

Having a debate with someone experienced in using Auto-Target and they say the human determines the audiences and the AI simply works out which pre-defined audience prefers which experience. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi ! I With Auto-Target you start leveraging Adobe's AI to help you automate and scale your optimisation efforts. So you are correct that with this capability, you don't need to predefine or map the audiences. In other words, with Auto-Target you’re in charge of defining what the experiences will look like (banner A vs. banner B vs. banner C for example), but then AI will discover audiences and select the best experience for each individual, based on their profile attributes & the behaviour of previous visitors with similar profiles, in order to drive a lift in your success metric. And by default, Auto-Target reserves part of the activity’s traffic as a control group to measure lift. Visitors in the control group are served a random experience in the activity. Hope that helps. 

Level 1

Thank you! It does. I'm wondering why this person I'm debating with is getting confused. Is it possible to pre-define that audiences? I'm assuming not right? In the activity you just set up one audience?