Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

adobe.target.trackEvent() is failing with 400 response status

Level 3

Hi All,
I am trying to track the click event through the adobe.target.trackEvent().  I am using target JS 2.3.0 version.
I tried in all the browsers still seeing this issues. 
Example: 

adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'click_track_mbox'})

it's throwing the 400 status code. 

Any one can help me on this.

Thanks,
Hariharan Subramanian

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I have this problem and I try two things:

1 - Insert this code after the "Target Load page " and before the "Target - Add params to all request" on adobe launch:
window.targetPageParams = function(){
return{"at_property": "c58090d5-ZZZZ-TTTT-XXXX-YYYYYYYYYYYY"};
};

2 -  After creating the experience on Adobe Target in VEC mode, I have to select in the page "Experiences" the follow steps "configurations -> Properties -> Activities properties"  and set my current property.

Maybe this will help you

Best

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @HariharanSubra1,
the 400 error indicates a request error to the server. The correct status in this case would be 204.

But activities are played out as usual? Otherwise I would recommend to check the implementation.

Currently there is no maintenance work - but it could be the case temporarily. https://status.adobe.com/products/503476

Alternatively I would test the current version at.js 2.10.0.

The code is correct in itself - and works for me. I have tested it with the 2.10.0 version and Target with CNAME.

Level 3

Hi @Perrin_Ennen ,

It's not 204 in my case. It's always throwing 400. It's throwing the same error for getoffer method also. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 9.44.59 AM.png

Community Advisor

What you could also try - to open it in an incognito window - and there disable all browser extensions.

Level 3

I tried in Incognito browser with disabled all the extension  and I tried in firefox , safari as well.  its not only my machine. i tried some other machine as well.  same error.

Thanks,
Hariharan S

Correct answer by
Level 1

I have this problem and I try two things:

1 - Insert this code after the "Target Load page " and before the "Target - Add params to all request" on adobe launch:
window.targetPageParams = function(){
return{"at_property": "c58090d5-ZZZZ-TTTT-XXXX-YYYYYYYYYYYY"};
};

2 -  After creating the experience on Adobe Target in VEC mode, I have to select in the page "Experiences" the follow steps "configurations -> Properties -> Activities properties"  and set my current property.

Maybe this will help you

Best

Administrator

Fantastic group problem-solving here @Perrin_Ennen @lucass24692458 @HariharanSubra1  Hope you got to the bottom of it @HariharanSubra1 and thanks for posting your Question! Let us know what worked by marking any of the above solutions as "Correct," or feel free to follow up here on the thread