Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

A/B Testing Dynamic Content based on the Mobile Operating System

Level 3

Hi Community,

Below is my scenario, I found something but i need the best practice and solution.

Scenario: Need to append the image in Dynamic way based on the visitor mobile operating system (Android, iOS)

Note: This changes only for Mobile users only.

Activity Type: A/B Testing

Variant A: Control

Variant B: Two different background Images same location (need to change dynamically), Image 1: Android user, Image 2: iOS users

Variant C: Another Two different background images with some content on the same location (need to change dynamically) mage 1: Android user, Image 2: iOS users

Thanks

Karuppiah

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

You could detect the OS by checking the User Agent and then use some conditional JS, based on the outcome of that check, to render the correct the image accordingly 

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I already tried the solution using custom script ( based on the user agent) and it is working fine.

But is there any default features or the way to achieve via profile scripting in Adobe Target itself.

Employee Advisor

No there wouldn't be any other way to do it unless you were happy to split Variant B out into separate Android & iOS versions, and the same for Variant C. If you want to show content dynamically within a single experience then your custom code approach would be the way to do it.

You could create a profile script that outputs the correct image source and then reference that profile script within your Experience but I think that just adds unnecessary complexity