Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

A/B Test Issue in Production

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

I am running a simple A/B test with Experience A and Experience B.  During the test in UAT i had no issue but after publishing th A/B Test with html injection, I am not able to see the experience B with injected html.

Any idea? If I try to see the QA link I cannot see the Experience.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

It is is hard to say without seeing the code/Experience, but is it possible the DOM (page) structure changed? Also, I find that I often need to refresh the page once after initially loading the test using a QA link.

Employee Advisor

Assuming you see the request being made to Target and a response being returned with offer content, the most likely cause is that the HTML structure of the page has changed and your CSS Selector no longer exists. You can check if this is the case as follows:

i) If you're using the Visual Editor, you can check to see what the selector is by clicking the i icon:

alexbishop_0-1698847142034.png

ii) Go to the page where your test should run, open Developer Tools, and enter

document.querySelector('<copy element value from vec>')
e.g.
document.querySelector('HTML > BODY > DIV:nth-of-type(2) > DIV:nth-of-type(2)')

If your CSS selector isn't valid then you will see a null value

alexbishop_1-1698847284744.png

If that is the case then you need to update the CSS selector in the Target Visual Editor

Community Advisor

I dont have issue during the creation of the experience but when i try QA link i cannot see the experience