Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 9/8/21, 8am PT: Vishal Chordia, Senior Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for the next monthly Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Be sure to MARK YOUR CALENDARS with a link to this thread

We'll be joined by Vishal Chordia (aka @vishalchordia), Senior Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• Adobe Experience Platform
  • Audience-based Personalization
  • Real-time Customer Data Platform (RTCDP) integration with Target
  • General Adobe Target topics

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @vishalchordia
  • When exchanging messages with Vishal about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Vishal

**For those who have joined an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break before: please note that we are no longer using formal registration pages for these events - just be sure to Mark Your Calendars to sign in here to the Community on 9/8/21 @ 8am PT, and hop onto this thread for direct answers to your questions, from Vishal

vishal chordia headshot.jpeg

Vishal Chordia is a Senior Product Manager for Adobe Experience Platform & Personalization. Prior to joining Adobe, he spent over 12 years building Big data and ML products in five different industries across AdTech, Healthcare AI, MarTech, Telecom, and Cloud Voice to deliver a personalized experience to end-users. Vishal is passionate about helping brands creating meaningful customer experiences at scale through product innovation. Vishal holds an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out our past 2020 Adobe Target Coffee Breaks, covering a WIDE variety of Adobe Target topics, and our latest thread from our 8/11/21 Adobe Target Coffee Break with @Jim_McTiernan 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

38 Replies

Level 1

Hello All, 

II hope you're doing great! 

What's the best minimalist configuration to launch the recomandation engin ? 

Thank you for your help, 

Nass

Employee

Hi Nass,

Thanks for your question and participation!

Details on the best "minimal configuration" to launch the recommendations engine can be found on the following documentation under "Base Implementation".
Base Implementation 

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Level 1

@vishalchordia Quite new to Target here, but it would be great to understand how create page groups (especially in the case of ASP sites where the url doesn't change) to serve specific experiences.

Thank you

Nuno

Employee

Hey Nuno, Gene here from the Target Client Care team to assist your questions today. Thanks for your questions and participation.

I found this relevant documentation regarding Target Activities and pages that may answer your questions:
Can I Include the Same Experience on Similar Pages? 
How does Target evaluate URLs in targeting? 

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

Level 2

@gebae wrote:

Hey Nuno, Gene here from the Target Client Care team to assist your questions today. Thanks for your questions and participation.

I found this relevant documentation regarding Target Activities and pages that may answer your questions:
Can I Include the Same Experience on Similar Pages? 
How does Target evaluate URLs in targeting? 

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

@vishalchordia @gebae - I may be able to help clarify as I think I have a similar question.

Currently in the VEC the only way to add modifications in a SPA scenario is to navigate to the appropriate triggerView and compile the list.
With URLs you can add pages and use inclusive/exclusive logic to target multiple pages of a specific type - All product detail pages.

Is there a way to Add Additional "pages" or triggerViews, within an SPA to better organize the modifications across?  And how can we create groups of pages without sacrificing unique triggerView names for specific locations across the site?

Thanks!! 

Level 2

@vishalchordia I have an experiment I’m working on in Adobe Target and the set up is using a general mbox. I need to swap this for a global mbox but I don’t know if making the switch will mess with existing experiments or anything else. Is it safe to do so or what precautions should I take?

For clarity - I want to call on multiple (two) collections in a single instance of a recommendations design for the home page of a website. 

mbox.jpg

Employee

Hey Chris, Gene here from the Target Client Care team to assist your questions today. Thanks for your questions and participation.

If your goal is to call on multiple (two) collections in a single instance of a recommendations design for the home page of a website, there may be a better way to do this in place of adjusting your whole implementation.

Recommended Solution: Build a third collection that includes both initial collections and use that collection for the activity configuration.

Please feel free to ask any questions on this.

Level 2

amazing! thank you for replying. I understand your solution but the requirement is to have a particular collection in two blocks and another collection in four other specific blocks. Is there a way of feeding which articles could appear in particular places in the 'design' using tags or something or will it always be randomly positioned?

Employee

Looks like you want specific static content that is not really using the recommendations engine, but just displaying what you specifically want in those blocks. There is functionality built into the product to allow the display of static content for a pre-designated number of blocks like a promoted content type setting called Promotions.

How Do I Add Promotions in Recommendations Designs? 
"When you create a Recommendations activity, you have the option to include promoted items in your Recommendations design. Promotions use available slots in a design and take precedence over criteria results and backup recommendations. For example, if your design has six slots and you use two of them for promotions, four slots are available for items recommended based on criteria."

Another alternative method would be to do a static inclusion:

How Do I Use Dynamic and Static Inclusion Rules in Recommendations? 

Level 2

Actually I want random content from two collections but for those to appear in specific areas within the design  - like in this image with the two top blocks being one collection and the bottom 4 anotherlayout.jpg

Level 1

@vishalchordia Hi, I would be interested to hear any tips from Adobe in regards to how to encourage a mature 'test and learn' business culture. What tips are there for encouraging adoption of Target and a strategic approach to testing rather than randomised approach. If there are any examples from other clients which can be freely shared that would be great. Thanks, Tom

Employee

Hi Tom, 

Thank you for your question and appreciate the participation here!!

Here is my thoughts on test & learn culture:

• Sourcing (and even gamifying) the collection of test and personalization activities from stakeholders who are subject matter experts 
  • Run a cost-benefit analysis of ideas, prioritizing and scheduling activities based on effort/cost vs expected outcome
  • Get started in an assembly line fashion so you have more rapid execution
  • Can begin with 1-3 team members, but ultimately train stakeholders to help develop and build activities that are then governed and published by the COE (Center of Excellence)
  • A good source resource for all of this information is our Personalization Playbook: https://business.adobe.com/content/dam/dx/us/en/products/target/pdfs/personalization-playbook.pdf

Thank you!

Vishal Chordia  

Level 2

@vishalchordia How will the aep work with auto personalization?

@vishalchordia Do you have a future roadmap on how auto personalization will evolve with aep?

Employee

Hi Tim, 

Thank you for your question and appreciate your participation!!

You can share the AEP Segment with Target and use the audience in personalization activity. Auto personalization would work here. 

On roadmap: In couple of weeks we are launching beta for direct integration of Target with AEP / RTCDP, which enable you with following:

• Share and AEP Segment with Target via Target Destination Card
  • Destination card will enforce your Organization governance rules
  • Use the AEP Audience in Target Personalization Activity. 
  • Combine AEP Audience with exisiting Target audience. 
  • Evaultion of the segments are in real-time in milliseconds 

If you're interested in beta, please reach out to your account manager. 

Thank you

Vishal

Level 2

@vishalchordia  awesome appreciate the response.

What is the most successful case you have seen using recommendations and aep? Are there certain features you recommend?

Level 2

@vishalchordia - Will we ever be able to add scripts to the VEC library? 
example - Such as error in rendering analytics/alerts?

Employee

Hi All, 

I'm Vishal, PM for Target especially leading the Audience integration with AEP / RTCDP. 

Thank you for joining the coffee discussion today and I'm excited to answer your question related to audience activation via AEP/RTCDP into Target

vishalchordia_0-1631113441800.png

Level 2

@vishalchordia - Will we ever be able to edit the compiled VEC offer?  We've come across a few dynamic/SPA scenarios where a simple edit/addition of the final script would be much easier than writing all new javascript custom code to tack on.

Employee

Hi Derek! 

Thank you for your question and appreciate your participation here. 

I have a follow-up question here: is it an offer created in Target? is it an XF imported from AEM?

Thanks

Vishal