Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 7/22: Jon Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, July 22nd @ 10am PDT

--> REGISTER NOW <-- 

We'll be joined by Jon Tehero aka @Jon_Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• General Adobe Target backend & UI
  • Adobe Target Recommendations
  • Target integrations with the Experience Platform (Unified Profile, Experience Edge, Target data connector, etc)
  • Target's reporting integration with Adobe Analytics (A4T)

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, JON TEHERO 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @Jon_Tehero 
  • When exchanging messages with Jon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Jon

QUOTE BUTTON.png

Jon-Tehero-Bio.jpg

Jon Tehero is a Group Product Manager for Adobe Target. He’s overseen hundreds of new features within the Target platform and has played a key role in migrating functionality from Target's classic platforms into the new Adobe Target UI. Jon is currently focused on expanding the Target feature set to address an even broader set of use-cases. Prior to working on the Product Management team, Jon consulted for over sixty mid- to enterprise-sized customers, and was a subject matter expert within the Adobe Consulting group.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with Rob Hornick, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

24 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Jon_Tehero  thanks for hosting this session. Unfortunately can't join live as I'm based in Sydney, Australia. Do you know if there is anything on the roadmap for support Target.triggerView functions in the form based composer?

Employee

Hello Christopher, thank you for your question! Support for Target.triggerView functions in the Form-based composer is on our radar but not yet on our roadmap. However, we do natively support SPA in the Visual Experience Composer today (when using at.js 2.X). We are also working on rolling out SPA VEC support for the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK.

Level 3

@Jon_Tehero thanks for hosting this. We've recently rolled out product recommendations with the "Recommended for you" algorithm, but currently this algorithm only takes into account customer PDP visits as it relies on an entity ID. Is it possible to improve the products recommended by taking into account any brand pages that the customer has visited - by hooking into the URL for instance?

Employee

Hi Chris, unfortunately, at this time the "Recommended for You" criteria does not directly consider additional information such as brand. However, you still can apply inclusion rules to constrain the result set to match items based on attributes in the profile, including something such as "favorite brand." For more information on what the algorithm does directly consider, check out this great blog post authored by my colleague Rob Hornick. I really appreciate the question and love hearing about the use-cases you are trying to address. 

Employee

Hello everyone! I am looking forward to spending time with you over the next hour. I would love to see those questions come in

Community Advisor

@Jon_Tehero  - thanks for this initiative. Quick question on Adobe Target Console  - any plans to add Priority on the Activities list page so that we can sort activities and find ones that are higher than a particular one (will help in troubleshooting immensely).

Employee Advisor

@Rajneesh_Gautam_ wrote:

@Jon_Tehero  - thanks for this initiative. Quick question on Adobe Target Console  - any plans to add Priority on the Activities list page so that we can sort activities and find ones that are higher than a particular one (will help in troubleshooting immensely).

Currently we have a collisions tab https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/experiences/vec/activity-collisions.html

The list shows the status and priority of each potential collision, along with other information. You can use the status and priority to help you determine the likelihood of a collision occurring.

Employee Advisor

@Rajneesh_Gautam_ wrote:

Currently we have a collisions tab https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/experiences/vec/activity-collisions.html

The list shows the status and priority of each potential collision, along with other information. You can use the status and priority to help you determine the likelihood of a collision occurring.

Administrator

Hi @Jon_Tehero, thank you for you time today! This question was posted by Target Community member @FGHPhilJ :

Morning Community, looking for advice. We are just at the point we are starting to launch recommendations and I was looking to find a document which says the pros and cons for using Analytics over an MBox.

Employee

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @Jon_Tehero, thank you for you time today! This question was posted by Target Community member @FGHPhilJ :

Morning Community, looking for advice. We are just at the point we are starting to launch recommendations and I was looking to find a document which says the pros and cons for using Analytics over an MBox.

Hello@FGHPhilJ , we have some good guidance on our "Feeds" article. We typically encourage sending data directly to Target via a target request or our "save entities" API for the fastest results. 

Level 2

Thanks Amelia, I missed the timings of this, thanks for posting on my behalf.

Community Advisor

@Jon_Tehero  - in order to democratise the use of Adobe Target among non-technical marketers, I'd recommend if the Experience Templates can be made part of the console itself so that marketers do not have to copy it and make changes to the code. Competitor tools like Insider are using this approach and some of our users find it much easier. 

Employee

@Rajneesh_Gautam_ wrote:

@Jon_Tehero  - in order to democratise the use of Adobe Target among non-technical marketers, I'd recommend if the Experience Templates can be made part of the console itself so that marketers do not have to copy it and make changes to the code. Competitor tools like Insider are using this approach and some of our users find it much easier. 

Hi @Rajneesh_Gautam_, thank you for sharing the feedback. We don't have any immediate plans to do this but it is really helpful to hear how you and your team are using the experience templates. I will make sure to take this feedback back to our team.

Employee Advisor

Hi @Jon_Tehero, this question was posted in the community by @ambikaTewari_ATCI:

As a part of recommendations, we want to show the recommended items to a loggedIn user on the basis of his purchase history and not on the basis of purchase history of all users.

For example, If a user John has redeemed few offers on the website then I would like to show John similar offers on the website. The recommended offers must be 'similar' to the offers John has redeemed in past. The Recommended offers must not include the redeemed history of other users.

How do we maintain the user profile in the recommendations ?

Employee

@Rami_Hammad wrote:

Hi @jtehero, this question was posted in the community by @ambikaTewari_ATCI:

As a part of recommendations, we want to show the recommended items to a loggedIn user on the basis of his purchase history and not on the basis of purchase history of all users.

For example, If a user John has redeemed few offers on the website then I would like to show John similar offers on the website. The recommended offers must be 'similar' to the offers John has redeemed in past. The Recommended offers must not include the redeemed history of other users.

How do we maintain the user profile in the recommendations ?

Hello, @ambikaTewari_ATCI! This can be done by basing the recommendation off of the "last purchased item"

Jon_Tehero_0-1595438610938.png

You also have a lot of flexibility to store a different item in the user's profile and base the recommendations off of that particular item. For example, you could setup something like this:

Jon_Tehero_1-1595438676999.png

So you could have several different attributes in the user's profile related to offer's redeemed. Finally you can dynamically exclude entities from being recommended again. Check out this Recommendations FAQ and search for "Can I dynamically exclude an entity?"

Employee Advisor

Hi @Jon_Tehero, this question was posted in the community by @Kishore_Kumar_:

I am new to target, i am trying to create a offer and as a response trying to get a offer id from the api response via Postman.

https://admin.testandtarget.omniture.com/api?password=somepassword&amp;offerName=someOfferName&amp;c... id&amp;folderId=&amp;content=<div>somecontent</div>

But when i hit the above api in postman i am get 403 legacy api access denied. May i know how to use this in postman.

Employee

@Rami_Hammad wrote:

Hi @jtehero, this question was posted in the community by @Kishore_Kumar_:

I am new to target, i am trying to create a offer and as a response trying to get a offer id from the api response via Postman.

https://admin.testandtarget.omniture.com/api?password=somepassword&amp;offerName=someOfferName&amp;c... id&amp;folderId=&amp;content=<div>somecontent</div>

But when i hit the above api in postman i am get 403 legacy api access denied. May i know how to use this in postman.

That looks you are trying to use outdated API. Check out our current API docs at https://developers.adobetarget.com. You can use the Create Offer API and include a "dynamic token" in your offer to return information about your offer. For example, the following will return the offer id:

${campaign.recipe.id}

See more great dynamic token examples here.

Level 1

Hi @Jon_Tehero Thanks for hosting. Couple technical questions about the future of at.js:
1. Are there any plans of distributing the library over npm (similar to the@adobe/target-nodejs-sdk package). Ideally, I'd love something with built-in type interfaces that can be imported like any other module. Given the org-specific settings, maybe something like an Adobe-hosted registry can help with that (i.e. npm install https://npm.adobe.com/target/client_code/at.js_2.3.1.tgz). Alternatively, hosting a generic package on npm and requiring a config object on startup could simplify the process.
2. Are there plans to "promisify" all the methods? I know getOffers() and applyOffers() support it to some degree, but I'd love to have a library where `await methodName()` can be used throughout. For example: `let offer = await adobe.target.getOffer(params); await adobe.target.applyOffer(offer)`

Employee

@tony_papousek-e wrote:

Hi @Jon_Tehero Thanks for hosting. Couple technical questions about the future of at.js:
1. Are there any plans of distributing the library over npm (similar to the@adobe/target-nodejs-sdk package). Ideally, I'd love something with built-in type interfaces that can be imported like any other module. Given the org-specific settings, maybe something like an Adobe-hosted registry can help with that (i.e. npm install https://npm.adobe.com/target/client_code/at.js_2.3.1.tgz). Alternatively, hosting a generic package on npm and requiring a config object on startup could simplify the process.
2. Are there plans to "promisify" all the methods? I know getOffers() and applyOffers() support it to some degree, but I'd love to have a library where `await methodName()` can be used throughout. For example: `let offer = await adobe.target.getOffer(params); await adobe.target.applyOffer(offer)`

Hi Tony, for #1, we currently have no plans to open source At.js, however, the AEP Web SDK is open sourced. This can be a consideration for the AEP Web SDK. Regarding #2, we have no plans in the roadmap as of now, but it's a great feature request. I've shared this with my colleague David Son to consider for our backlog.

Administrator

HI @Jon_Tehero, great insights here! This question was posted by Target Community member @MA1985_CG :

Hi, My requirement is to show each experience only for 3 times. Once user seen 1st experience as per the order show 2nd experience and so on.

I understand that we can use below script for frequency but this would work based on mbox name but looking option at the experience level Any thoughts?

mbox_location1 - experiencename_1

mbox_location1 - experiencename_2

var frequency = user.get('frequency') || 0; if (mbox.name == 'mbox_location1') { return frequency + 1; }

we are recording experience name value in Adobe Analytics but as per my understanding we can't use data layer value in profile script.