Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

A/B test subdomains considerations/ Adding multiple Template rules

Level 2

Hi

Objective : Which label (label A vs Label B) leads to more clicks on the navbar.

Site Name : abc.com

I have a simple A/B test on a navbar which is as below:

Exp A: Home | Contact Us | Label A | Products

Exp B: Home | Contact Us | Label B | Products

As this is on the navbar - I have implemented template rule which says:

domain contains : abc.com

So the exp. remains the same for different URLs of the site.

Problem: The "Products" link actually lands to : subdomain.abc.com -- so if a user clicks on products while he is still in Exp B - he can see "Label A"  in the navbar - which is not great . (subdomain.abc.com and abc.com -- are visually very same - header and footer is same - so it leads to a bad experience for user. )

I have tried the following :

1. Add subdomain.abc.com in my template rule . I tried with and without comma as a separator - but it doesnt work.

I guess the answer is somewhere else . How can i fix this issue ? Do I have to do anything on the subdomain -- subdomain.abc.com .

Thanks a lot !!

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

chetan4664​,

It's probably not applying across the board because the div id is slightly different or does not have a unique identifier. You can either have your developer fix this by always passing a unique div id for that label.

Or you can try to manually edit both of the nav-bar elements. This can be accomplished by using the Browse functionality when editing the activity in order to navigate to the final destination page: subdomain.abc.com Once there you would re adjust the labels as needed. See attached screen-shot below.

Hope this helps!

Browse feature:

_1._Browse_Feature.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Thank you mike.

I would try this out - the solution posted by you seems to be more on lines of a multi page activity.

Also, I will try adding the sub domain in the template rule as well - it was not working earlier. Hope one of this solves the problem.