Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

XML Output questions/button question

Level 3

I have a couple of more questions with my form.

I'm making a 7 pages form in LiveCycle...

1. Is there a way to get a date/time stamp when a submit button is pushed?  I'm making a insurance form and we need a date/time the document was submitted so that we can bind the policy at that time.

2. When I generate an XML file, why does LC insert a <return> in every single tag? 

3. I would like to put buttons on the master page, that will allow users to click on them and go to the appropriate page.  The "next page" command doesn't really do a whole lot of good when there are 7 pages.  Isn't there some sort of "GoTo Page 3, etc...." function that I could use?

Also, I'm using several dynamic tables in my form, and some will cause the pages to move to another page, will this upset the button tabs??

4. When generating the XML, we were wanting to place them a file that can be swept by another program, so we were looking into the FTP option.  When these files are placed there, does it create a unique name each time one is submitted?  I haven't gotten this to work quite yet. 

Thanks for any help, I've been reading forums like crazy lately trying to teach myself this program on a deadline, but I haven't been able to find these answers yet.

Gretchen

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

(1) You can achieve this in the mouseUp event of the button, which fires before its click event:

var vNow = new Date();

TextField.rawValue = vNow.toDateString() + " " + vNow.toTimeString();

This is populating a TextField, which could be hidden if you don't need the user to see it.

(2) Don't know.

(3) have a loop at our index button here: http://assure.ly/h4sIcQ.

(4) Generally the XML filename matches the PDF filename. You would be able to change this, but it would require a trusted function, which iscluded in a folder level JavaScript file. Depending on your environment these can be difficult to deploy and maintain. Try a search on the forum - penty of previous discussions on this.

Hope that helps,

Niall