Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

xfa.host.exportData function

Level 2

Hello all,

I have a problem related to the function xfa.host.exportData:

My scenario is the next:

- I have done a form with several fields.

- A determined user open this form and fill up the fields.

- That user, is able to send form via PDF or save as XML.

In Acrobat Professional 8, there is no problem in order to do these functionalities but in Acrobat Reader 9, the user cannot save the data as XML.

I placed the function xfa.host.exportData("",0) in the click event of a check box.

I would like to know if there is any way to get the same functionality in Adobe Reader than Adobe Professional.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can apply Reader rights in Acrobat 9 Standard or above, but these are restricted.

LiveCycle Reader Extensions is a server product, which is part of the LiveCycle suite. See here:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

It does not require Acrobat specifically, as it is not installed "on" to Acrobat. You would need to contact the Adobe sales in your geographical location to find out about costs and components that are required.

If you want to export XML data, then you are looking at all of the users having the full version of Acrobat (option 1) or you are going to apply Reader rights using LC Reader Extensions (option 4).

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Unless the form is Reader Enabled in LC Reader Extensions ES2, then users with Reader will not be able to export XML data.

There is a summary and PDF here:

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/2010/11/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

options.png

So the only way you will get this to work in Reader is to Reader enable the form in LC Reader Extensions ES2. Reader enabling in Acrobat Professional 8 will not work.

Hope that helps clear that up,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Thanks for your response.

After your help, I read a lot of information about installing the Reader Extensions and I have seen that Acrobat 9 Pro Extended is necessary.

According to your picture attached I need the scenario 4, now I have scenario 3.

Is it possible to install only Reader Extensions on version 8 or it is mandatory begins with version 9.

Thanks a lot.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can apply Reader rights in Acrobat 9 Standard or above, but these are restricted.

LiveCycle Reader Extensions is a server product, which is part of the LiveCycle suite. See here:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

It does not require Acrobat specifically, as it is not installed "on" to Acrobat. You would need to contact the Adobe sales in your geographical location to find out about costs and components that are required.

If you want to export XML data, then you are looking at all of the users having the full version of Acrobat (option 1) or you are going to apply Reader rights using LC Reader Extensions (option 4).

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Thanks a lot.

Finally, I deleted the option to extract data due to requirements.

Best regards