Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Workbench ES2 over HTTPS

Level 2

I can't connect to my LC server using workbench. I get an error saying "The public key  certificate retrieved from server 'servername' is not recognized as  originating from a trusted source.'

Certificate at url https://servername/adminui was exported to file (base 64 encoded) and then added to the keystore in workbench home using the keytool.

Environment variable for Java / JRE Home are set right.

Workbench has been restarted after the certificate was added to the keystore.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hello

You need to add the SSL certificate (public key) to the "cacerts" file of the JRE that is used by Workbench.  Here is a sample command line that should work, adjust the path info to match your environment.

keytool -import -file "path to the public key .cer file including .cer file name" -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\workbench\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hello

You need to add the SSL certificate (public key) to the "cacerts" file of the JRE that is used by Workbench.  Here is a sample command line that should work, adjust the path info to match your environment.

keytool -import -file "path to the public key .cer file including .cer file name" -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\workbench\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Thanks Steve I consulted the preparing your dev environment PDF which stated a similair command line prompt.

The instruction said a restart of Workbench was sufficient. That wasn't the case, but after a reboot of the machine the certificate was accepted an trusted,

Thanks anyway!

Former Community Member

You really should not have to reboot.  When I added a cert to the cacerts file, I only had to restart Workbench for the change to be recognized.

I'm glad you got it working.

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----