Expand my Community achievements bar.

WebService migration from Websphere to Adobe LiveCycle ES 2.5

Former Community Member

Hi,

I want to migrate the WebService from existing Websphere server to the LiveCycle ES 2.5

Requirement is that I need to make sure that client application will require least number of changes. In other words, I should be able to recreate the webservice in LiveCycle ES 2.5 using the WSDL of the existing webservice (that is deployed in WebSphere). But whenever I create a process in workbench it creates a WSDL automatically (it creates webservice endpoint) for that process. In that case I am unable to use my older WSDL (the one which is being used in websphere app). Is there any way that I can use an existing WSDL in LiveCycle ES 2.5 and create a webservice in ES 2.5?

If I try to use the WebService component of Foundation pack of LiveCycle ES then that won't work in my case because I am not calling any webservice from LiveCycle ES 2.5. Infact I am migrating an external or existing webservice into the LiveCycle without any major change in the WSDL and the client app.

I have couple of approaches in mind but want to know what is the right, easier and cleaner way to do. Please advise!!

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Level 8

I'm not sure I completely understand the question.  Is the existing webshere based web service a LiveCycle service?  If so  then the service should have very few changes when you move it to  LiveCycle running on a different application server.

Yes, web service end points are automatically created for LiveCycle services by the LiveCycle software.  The contents are based on the applicaton setup, input/output variables, type of process (short or long lived) and a few other factors.  It is not controllable by the developer.

The web service component in Foundation is for consuming web services as part of a LiveCycle process.  It doesn't control the web service end point.