Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Video Quality Settings

Level 1

Hi.

1. Is there any video quality settings in the Collaboration Service? We are trying to build a rtmfp streaming service using the Collaboration Service, but during tests the video quality was not that good. Could the Flash Media Live Encoder be used as a source or only webcam? I guess you could use a capture card with a proper camera attached, but it would be helpful to be able to set the video size in pixels and bit rate settings etc. for the video....

2. Recording of the sessions, is that possible now? I believe I saw an earlier post stating that this was functionality that should be added.

3. Is screen sharing supported or not? In the FAQ I think it states that it is not, but there are some posts here that make it seem like it is supported?? I might have misunderstood something here :-(

Thank you in advance!

Jan

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

1) To increase camera quality, you need to increase resolutionFactor value in WebcamPublisher. See API docs for details.

2) Recording is supported but this is in beta. You need to send us a request for setup with your storage url etc to get it set up for you. After that, you can use our sampleApps to see how recording works. Mail to lccs@adobe.com with detail request in case you want.

3) ScreenShare is supported since our August release. You can see screenshare examples in our sampleApps folder for details. We don’t yet support screen control but we plan to do from upcoming release.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thanks Hironmay

Can the this storage be and amazon S3 account or does it have to be a ftp server? I guess there are some ftp gateways to S3 now, but I was hoping for a direct support...

Thanks again!

Jan

Employee

For recording, files are sent to an WebDAV/HTTP server (or anything that accepts a file via HTTP PUT). We are not planning to support any complex authentication scheme (i.e. signed requests and/or HTTP headers) in order to keep things simple and very generic, but if S3 accepts an HTTP PUT with either digest authentication or a token on the URL it should work.

Note that the same is true also for playback (i.e. the file needs to be accessible with an HTTP GET and authentication should be either a token on the request or basic/digest).

Level 1

OK, no probs, I will send this to my developer.

Thanks,

Jan