Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

unable to E-sign LiveCycle Designer form

Level 1

Have been able to electronically sign PDFs (Acrobat ver 9).  Have created a PDF form (in Acrobat 9) and have been able to sign.

Have created a LifeCycle form with a signature field - am unable to sign. No action or error messages  when I click in the LifeCycle signature field.

here is the PDX file I believe to be my signature file

Is there a LifeCycle setup I have missed?  Input is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Charlie

Can you mark this thread as "Answered"?  This will indicate the thread is "closed"

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Former Community Member

The file you referenced was not uploaded.  I have created a simple form (using LiveCycle Designer), can you open this (with Acrobat) and try to sign it?  This will help determine if the problem is form specific.

Let me know.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Steve   the file you send brings up the sign dialog box and works just fine.   thanks for the quick response   other thoughtssignature test.jpg

charlie

Level 1

Steve, I did a bit more testing. My livecycle form with work if I run thru acrobat 9.

When I execute form in livecycle designer (pdf preview) all fields function except for the signature field.  When I run form thru reader, all fields function ok EXCEPT the signature field.   Do I have to extend reader rights to make this work  if, so, what is the way to accomplish?

charlie

Former Community Member

Based on your result, it looks like the issue is specific to your form.  There is no LiveCycle "setup" required to sign a PDF form on the client machine (using Acrobat).

Can you try to post your form again so I can take a look at it?  (Make sure you click the "Use advanced editor" link in the forum window, this allows you to specify the file you wish to upload.)

Thanks

Steve

Former Community Member

Charlie

Ignore my last post, I had not seen your last post.

When you are doing the PDF Preview from Designer, it is loading "Reader" as the viewer, this is why the Signature field does not function (the PDF has to be Reader Extended).  When testing from Designer, there is no way to "Reader Extend" the document for the PDF preview mode.

You can Reader extend the PDF form either with LiveCycle Reader Extensions (server based solution), or you can use Acrobat, from the Advanced menu, select Extend Features in Adobe Reader...

Thanks

Steve

Level 1

steve  

followed you instructions. still can't sign it in reader x. when i open in acrobat and try again to assign reader rights i get message

reader message.jpg

after opedning the reader enabled file in reader x, this mesage appears in upper right, but i still can't sign. looks like save was allowed, but not signing.

x.jpg

When advising a client whether to get std or pro versions, if forms are in scope, pro seems to be the only way.  the livecycle designer makes it worth the extra dollars.

thoughts?

Charlie

Former Community Member

Charlie

I am unable to duplicate the problem you are experiencing.  I was able to use Acrobat Pro 9 and X, to apply the Reader Extension permissions (to the sample form I posted earlier) and open and sign the form in both Reader 9 and X.

What is the exact version of Acrobat you are using to apply the Reader Extension rights.  The dialog I see when doing so with Acrobat 9 Pro is...

RE_Message.jpg

If you are using Acrobat Standard, it seems there is a limitation (save data only) on the Reader Extension permissions that you can apply.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

ateve,

i am using acro std 9. Per your screen shot, pro looks to allow more reader enabled tasks than std. Please close the ticket. Looks like a limitation  of acrobat 9 std.  I

have another general question about versions 9 and X - can they function together on the same pc  - but will ask as a separfate topic.

Please close this ticket  -  thanks for the help.

Charlie

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Charlie

Can you mark this thread as "Answered"?  This will indicate the thread is "closed"

Thanks

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----