Expand my Community achievements bar.

Some questions about what to do to install the LifeCycle ES2 on Linux

Former Community Member

I want to install the LifeCycle ES2 on Linux. I am not sure, which components are really necessary for the installation?

So, there are some questions on my mind.

Is the turnkey only for Windows?
2. Di I have to install VMware ESX on Linux for the installation of LC ES2? Or can I also install VMware EXSi for the LC ES2? Or are there some alternative ways?
3. What about the JBoss?
Is this like VMware? If I use this, which environment di I have to build?
4. Should I install the Turnkey version after the VMware or JBoss installation, or single Server or ....

thanks for the answers

4 Replies

Level 7

"1. Is the turnkey only for Windows?"

Yes - it is only for Windows.

"2. Do I have to install VMware  ESX on Linux for the installation of LC ES2? Or can I also install  VMware EXSi for the LC ES2? Or are there some alternative ways?"

You don't need VMware ESX or ESXi to run LiveCycle ES2 on Linux (Red Hat or Novell SUSE).

"3. What about the JBoss? Is this like VMware? If I use this, which environment di I have to  build?"

JBoss is a J2EE application server - not like VMware at all.  However, LiveCycle is just an application that runs on, and requires, JBoss.

"4. Should I install the Turnkey  version after the VMware or JBoss installation, or single Server or  ...."

See above.

Former Community Member

Thanks very much for the answer. There is then a question about JBoss. I read a discussion in the forum:"Is ES2 compatiable with jboss 5.1?". The answer was NO. How will it like this?

Thanks very much